• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taylor's medical redshirt conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then I suggest watching the film again... Minn game.. 8 rushes for 16 yds? He could do better then that not trying if healthy!! His foot wasn't stopping him from throwing mostly ok!

For perspective: TA had 12 rushes for 13 yards against Michigan, and I think he's healthy.

I think this was a really simple situation. TM had a chronic injury and kept trying to play through it rather than get surgery. This happens to probably multiple guys on every team every year. Hats off to him for trying to play through it and hats off to the coaches for giving him a shot (and as thill clearly explained, there was never a chance for a medical redshirt because TM's redshirt year wasn't due to injury).

For perspective: TA had 12 rushes for 13 yards against Michigan, and I think he's healthy.

I think this was a really simple situation. TM had a chronic injury and kept trying to play through it rather than get surgery. This happens to probably multiple guys on every team every year. Hats off to him for trying to play through it and hats off to the coaches for giving him a shot (and as thill clearly explained, there was never a chance for a medical redshirt because TM's redshirt year wasn't due to injury).
I have no issues with T-Mart because it's ultimately not his decision to play hurt....... IMO T-Mart playing without his best weapon (his running ability) is an accident looking for a place to happen. I do not believe TA is considered a HUGE running threat nor likely to break a 70 yd run either. T-Mart was playing hurt in both games imo and it was pretty easy to see he didn't want to run. If it was that obvious it had to obvious to the DC of our opponents.

Just saying AFTER watching the 1st half of the Minn game I think it would have been wise to change QB's. Why not? The offense was obviously not getting it done and the results were a needless loss imo..........

I guess I'm a little lost on the whole situation, but this is the best I came up with. Taylor is our 3 year starter coming into this season. Bo says he's clearly our #1 qb. He starts the first 3 games and gets hurt in one of them, all of them, not sure. Then he sits out and we're told he won't play until he's 100%. Then we start him at Minnesota and clearly he was still hurt. Doing so burns his chance at a medical redshirt. Then we're told he won't play again until he's 100%, but now we find out he probably won't play again this year. So by playing him against Minnesota they essentially ended Taylor's career at Nebraska.

I'm trying to logically think through this, but I keep coming up with either Taylor, the coaches, or both didn't want him back at Nebraska next year. Maybe he/they knew Taylor would be the back-up, not the starter? But for the Taylor supporters, why wouldn't we want him back for another year? A healthy Taylor has proven to be a weapon on offense. He has also been an unstable force on the team according to others.

Somewhere along the way, the decision was made to play Taylor one more time, and that would finish his career. I'm guessing they picked Minnesota as possibly the easiest to win. Turns out that wasn't a very good call, but it did serve its purpose. Taylor's career is likely over and any QB controversy went with it.

To add to the conspiracy fun, this is a complete FWIW but a friend who has provided me with a lot of good info in the past told me that TM initially told Bo prior to the Minn game that he could not go, that he was at best 50%, but that Bo pushed TM until he felt he had no choice but to play. TM's dad raised a stink behind the scenes, and that is in part why TM is now suddenly most likely done for the season. Mods, if this is too much in the rumor category please delete it or let me know and I will delete it, but this friend is 100% in the info he has given me in the 4 years I have known him. His info is based on him being what has euphemistically been called a "donor of substance."

I guess I'm a little lost on the whole situation, but this is the best I came up with. Taylor is our 3 year starter coming into this season. Bo says he's clearly our #1 qb. He starts the first 3 games and gets hurt in one of them, all of them, not sure. Then he sits out and we're told he won't play until he's 100%. Then we start him at Minnesota and clearly he was still hurt. Doing so burns his chance at a medical redshirt. Then we're told he won't play again until he's 100%, but now we find out he probably won't play again this year. So by playing him against Minnesota they essentially ended Taylor's career at Nebraska.

I'm trying to logically think through this, but I keep coming up with either Taylor, the coaches, or both didn't want him back at Nebraska next year. Maybe he/they knew Taylor would be the back-up, not the starter? But for the Taylor supporters, why wouldn't we want him back for another year? A healthy Taylor has proven to be a weapon on offense. He has also been an unstable force on the team according to others.

Somewhere along the way, the decision was made to play Taylor one more time, and that would finish his career. I'm guessing they picked Minnesota as possibly the easiest to win. Turns out that wasn't a very good call, but it did serve its purpose. Taylor's career is likely over and any QB controversy went with it.

Do you need your milk warmed up with a nipple??

To add to the conspiracy fun, this is a complete FWIW but a friend who has provided me with a lot of good info in the past told me that TM initially told Bo prior to the Minn game that he could not go, that he was at best 50%, but that Bo pushed TM until he felt he had no choice but to play. TM's dad raised a stink behind the scenes, and that is in part why TM is now suddenly most likely done for the season. Mods, if this is too much in the rumor category please delete it or let me know and I will delete it, but this friend is 100% in the info he has given me in the 4 years I have known him. His info is based on him being what has euphemistically been called a "donor of substance."
That information makes sense in that T-Mart said he was NOT 100% in his presser AFTER the Minn game. I thought that statement flew in the face of, "He won't play unless he's a 100%"! Why would T-Mart say that unless there was something going on he wasn't happy with. He mentioned his injuries in that presser which couldn't have exactly thrilled Bo............

That information makes sense in that T-Mart said he was NOT 100% in his presser AFTER the Minn game. I thought that statement flew in the face of, "He won't play unless he's a 100%"! Why would T-Mart say that unless there was something going on he wasn't happy with. He mentioned his injuries in that presser which couldn't have exactly thrilled Bo............

Agree. Clearly, I think there has been a falling out between TM and BP.

I love TM, but he has lost us as many games as he has won. His upside was very up, but his downside is very down.

Thank you to TM for all his hard work.

But TA is our guy now. While TA does not appear to be a home-run threat, he doesn't have to be. It's not first and 50, It's first and ten. HE just has to get the team into the right plays, minimize bad plays, get positive yardage, and move the chains. I think he's the best QB to do that, at this time.

This is an interesting observation, especially because in a press conference before the Minnesota game, Martinez said he didn't understand why people kept thinking he had turf toe when he didn't.

Well the reason we thought he did was because we were told by the staff that he did. Did Martinez really not know what the staff was telling the public, or was he taking a small swipe at the someone?

Last edited:

This is an interesting observation, especially because in a press conference before the Minnesota game, Martinez said he didn't understand why people kept thinking he had turf toe when he didn't.

Well the reason we thought he did was because we were told by the staff that he did. Did Martinez really not know what the staff was telling the public, or was he taking a small swipe at the someone?

That press conference was after the Minnesota game, not before, IIRC.

If this is true (and I hope it's not) I certainly wouldn't blame the Martinez family for being upset. As a parent of former collegiate athlete, you trust the coaches with your child and hope that they will always act in their best interest. We always hear that Bo has the player's backs and I have no doubt that he does. However, if this is true it does cast a bit of negative light on the staff IMO.

Last edited:

This thread is funny. Hey, do you guys remember when TM was going to transfer?

You would think people we learn the lesson to quit listening to Internet conspiracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back