• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taylor looking to RS

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is my point.

I posted what I was being told about the staff wanting to RS one of the backs before this news came out. Typically, RBs aren't redshirted, but it make sense to RS one of these backs. And unless AT separates himself from Newby (which he has not), it makes more sense to redshirt him.

And I agree. As this has more to do with their development and ability with what they are asked to do rather than their eligibility level. Which is why I said at the beginning of post #21 "I don't think putting distance between him and Cross is as big a factor as many are making it out to be." This is in regards to Ameer being a Jr. & Cross being a Soph. vs trying to make Newby a year ahead of Taylor to even it out.

And I agree. As this has more to do with their development and ability with what they are asked to do rather than their eligibility level. Which is why I said at the beginning of post #21 "I don't think putting distance between him and Cross is as big a factor as many are making it out to be." This is in regards to Ameer being a Jr. & Cross being a Soph. vs trying to make Newby a year ahead of Taylor to even it out.

So there's no disagreement. The good news that if Cross was not progressing, talk of RSing AT would not exist.

Last edited:
So there's no disagreement. The good news that if Cross was not progressing, talk of RSing AT would not exist.

Correct. And yes it was great news as far as Cross's production and improvement. Last season, though he should he was useful, he still left much to be desired of a back whom is looked to possibly contribute much more after the departure of Rex and eventually Ameer.

Imani kind of puts me in the mind of a guy by the name of Dan Alexander whom came out of that tunnel some time ago.....;)

I agree. If AT is better than Cross, let AT play and redshirt Cross. Anyway, there's no shame in redshirting. It could turn out to be the best thing for the individual as well as the team.

Last edited:

It's a problem if AT doesn't want to redshirt. I can see someone being asked to switch positions if things stay log jammed. I hope I'm wrong..

Think a lot of assumptions are being made considering three of the running backs have not carried the ball in a game.

It's a problem if AT doesn't want to redshirt. I can see someone being asked to switch positions if things stay log jammed. I hope I'm wrong..

That's not going to happen. This is being overblown. Where would you ask him to switch to? His skill set doesn't fit the slot. He doesn't fit the mold for FB/TE in this offense. He's not a defensive player, so him going to one of the DB positions or LB spots would put him further behind as we have young and gifted players there also.

I hope he showcases perseverance and patience, as well as mature decision making when deciding his steps as far as redshirt or not. The kid is going to be a force. Get 100% healthy, well versed in the playbook, and stay hungry. His time will shine.......sooner than later.

For what it's worth, Aaron Green was listed as #3 on TCU's Post-Spring Depth Chart but there was an "OR" between #1 and #2 and an another "OR" between #2 and Green. We'll see if he gets any carries this coming season.

TCU's projected starter Waymon James did a very good job for TCU in 2011 and the beginning of 2012 before a knee injury ended his year. And BJ Catalon was one of the better freshman RBs in the Big 12 filling in for James. I am a big fan of Aaron Green's though and IMPO he is going to be a big part of their offense. Clearly Nebraska is doing just fine with Abdullah and their RB situation is enviable to most schools in the country - but I was disappointed when Green transferred. IMPO his skillset is perfect for a Nebraska/Oregon attack. TCU employs a variety of spread-tactics, so I believe Green will be very good for them.

I think Adam Taylor, along with Courtney Love and Marcus Newby redshirting is very good for the team. All three play positions that are deep and IMO its a good idea to space out their eligibility. Those guys are gonna give the team great looks on the scout team.

It certainly puts some elite talent on the field next year....and not a bad thing in the scheme of things....

I think Adam Taylor, along with Courtney Love and Marcus Newby redshirting is very good for the team. All three play positions that are deep and IMO its a good idea to space out their eligibility. Those guys are gonna give the team great looks on the scout team.

That's not going to happen. This is being overblown. Where would you ask him to switch to? His skill set doesn't fit the slot. He doesn't fit the mold for FB/TE in this offense. He's not a defensive player, so him going to one of the DB positions or LB spots would put him further behind as we have young and gifted players there also.

I hope he showcases perseverance and patience, as well as mature decision making when deciding his steps as far as redshirt or not. The kid is going to be a force. Get 100% healthy, well versed in the playbook, and stay hungry. His time will shine.......sooner than later.

I agree here. I have long been an advocate for Taylor playing this year, as I saw his pure power and speed in person while he was in HS, and also got a chance to speak with him a little. He IS the real deal, and he WILL play RB for NU... just maybe not this year...

All that said, I'm the first to acknowledge that the staff knows plenty more about football than I do, and I fully trust whatever decision they make for him. But I will tell you this, if Taylor indeed RS's, he will take that as motivation and work his tail off to get to where he needs to be next year. This is someone I'm not worried about leaving the program because he might not play right away... Kid seems as strong mentally as he is physically... which is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back