• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tad Stryker Article

Would just like to say that it's one thing when we say the Big 10 is picking on us...boo hoo. This is inside the house. Didn't think this was your normal article about finding excuses or click baiting, imo.

I don't have an issue with the article itself. It's the reaction to the article that's so on brand for Nebraska these days. The front page of Huskermax calls it a "pathetic assault on Nebraska football morale." An earlier poster said the leaker should "rot in hell."

My point is that when the athletic department and/or the head football coach do stupid stuff, it's not the fault of those who report the stupid stuff. And if someone inside the AD is leaking info that is intended to subvert or embarrass Frost, it speaks to fractured relationships.....and that is aways a two-way street.

I don't have an issue with the article itself. It's the reaction to the article that's so on brand for Nebraska these days. The front page of Huskermax calls it a "pathetic assault on Nebraska football morale." An earlier poster said the leaker should "rot in hell."

My point is that when the athletic department and/or the head football coach do stupid stuff, it's not the fault of those who report the stupid stuff. And if someone inside the AD is leaking info that is intended to subvert or embarrass Frost, it speaks to fractured relationships.....and that is aways a two-way street.
Okay... I get that.

Totally agree with this. Several mistakes and all of them by Nebraska. Start off by holding the practices and then coaches being there getting filmed. Add to it trying to cover it up by not being transparent and allowing an anti-Nebraska hack discover the cover up and write about it in this manner.

Totally agree with this. Several mistakes and all of them by Nebraska. Start off by holding the practices and then coaches being there getting filmed. Add to it trying to cover it up by not being transparent and allowing an anti-Nebraska hack discover the cover up and write about it in this manner.
Exactly.

If you don't want embarrassing news to leak out, then don't do embarrassing things. Conversely, if you don't want relatively minor violations to affect the status of your employment, then don't suck at your job.

My point is that when the athletic department and/or the head football coach do stupid stuff, it's not the fault of those who report the stupid stuff. And if someone inside the AD is leaking info that is intended to subvert or embarrass Frost, it speaks to fractured relationships.....and that is always a two-way street.
My momma always told me "if you go around trying to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one". I suspect there is not a P5 head coach who has everyone 100% on his/her side. The very nature of the job is going to lend itself to someone being dissatisfied about something.

Regardless of whether HCSF is at fault for a fractured relationship ... the person "leaking" the story is not acting honorably. He/she is likely benefitting in some form or fashion from the very organization that they're trying to tear down. Go ahead and attack HCSF all you want - he's clearly not blameless - but that in no way shape or form justifies some individual leaking material that is intended not only to harm HCSF but has the by-product of hurting the institution of Nebraska athletics.

Last edited:
My momma always told me "if you go around trying to please everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one". I suspect there is not a P5 head coach who has everyone 100% on his/her side. The very nature of the job is going to lend itself to someone being dissatisfied about something.

Regardless of whether HCSF is at fault for a fractured relationship ... the person "leaking" the story is not acting honorably. He/she is likely benefitting in some form or fashion from the very organization that they're trying to tear down. Go ahead and attack HCSF all you want - he's clearly not blameless - but that in no way shape or form justifies some individual leaking material that is intended not only to harm HCSF but has the by-product of hurting the institution of Nebraska athletics.

In my view, follow the rules, practice transparency and take accountability for mistakes and you never have to worry about leakers.

A couple thoughts after reading this last night…. When was the last time a forum contributor on here was directly mentioned in an article by the OWH or the LJS? If you want a conspiracy theory… *** starts doing his own thing and is immediately mentioned in a news article as a person “in the know.” Maybe it’s coincidental…. I have no ax to grind or dog in this fight I think *** is a fantastic contributor and he’s obviously plugged into somebody on the inside… Very peculiar timing indeed though.

For the most part I try to stay out of the muck that is the other non-football related forums but it’s interesting how some would tell you to fight political agendas and never fall in line, but the moment you’re critical of our program you’re disgraceful and you should fall in line. Whether it’s McMurphy or Tad or anyone else we can decide for ourselves whether we think they have agendas… But I’m in favor of them always being able to do their jobs. Whether you agree with what comes out of that it’s up to you.

Last edited:
A couple thoughts after reading this last night…. When was the last time a forum contributor on here was directly mentioned in an article by the OWH or the LJS? If you want a conspiracy theory… *** starts doing his own thing and is immediately mentioned in a news article as a person “in the know.” Maybe it’s coincidental…. I have no ax to grind or dog in this fight I think *** is a fantastic contributor and he’s obviously plugged into somebody on the inside… Very peculiar timing indeed though.

For the most part I try to stay out of the muck that is the other non-football related forums but it’s interesting how some would tell you to fight political agendas and never fall in line, but the moment you’re critical of our program you’re disgraceful and you should fall in line. Whether it’s McMurphy or Tad or anyone else we can decide for ourselves whether we think they have agendas… But I’m in favor of them always being able to do their jobs. Whether you agree with what comes out of that it’s up to you.
FWIW Tad Stryker is writing an article for HuskerMax. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that an article writer for HuskerMax may know of and cite a forum contributor on HuskerMax … just wonder why Tad isn’t citing my contributions? :cool:

FWIW Tad Stryker is writing an article for HuskerMax. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that an article writer for HuskerMax may know of and cite a forum contributor on HuskerMax … just wonder why Tad isn’t citing my contributions? :cool:
My mistake. I forgot about the partnership. I’ll never have my contributions cited either :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back