• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sunday Tourney thread

I think the reason why the zone works against CU is that you can still play their shooters tight in the zone because there are only two really dangerous guys (EW and DM). CU can get EW and DM open easier when they can screen. Against the zone the other guys get open looks, but they're not ready to gun them. The shot Chatman just took is a case in point. He was wide open but you can tell he really was unsure about taking it...and that's when they're already down 30.

Plus CU doesn't offensive rebound super great which is another typical zone weakness that you don't have to worry about too much vs. CU.

Artino is a stick. Might be a better match for Austin though.

I don't think I am saying anything radical when I say Creighton is going to have to change their recruiting strategy to be competitive in the Big East. They are going to have to get high major recruits. I think they can do that. Harrell and Gilmore are a great start

I think it is interesting that NU and CU could both be great as they recruit in completely different circles. Could be a great rivalry, unless the Big East continues to decline and NU is able to cash in on their B1G affiliation.

Still and all if CU shoots their best (50%+ from 3) and Baylor shoots normal (30% from 3 instead of 65%) this game is tied now, zone or no zone.

Still and all if CU shoots their best (50%+ from 3) and Baylor shoots normal (30% from 3 instead of 65%) this game is tied now, zone or no zone.

I have just witnessed the single biggest blowout of this tournament. And you may have come up with the greatest hypothetical of all-time. :)

I really feel bad for the Creighton fans that made the trek to San Antonio. There is no way they saw something like this coming. What a horrible, depressing trip back home. :(

How ironic is it that neither Nebraska nor Creighton seemed to be able to get the ball to drop (and the points scored were within 4 of each other).

While the bad news is that Creighton lost, the good news may be that after defeating Nebraska in the Tourney, Baylor did Not lose their subsequent game. Does that mean that the pattern is broken; and Nebraska will win their first game the next time they go Dancing?

Last edited:

The #3 seeds have had it tough. Three are eliminated and ISU squeaked by in their game. Two #2s are gone and one #1 is out. Interestingly, all four #4s have made it to the Sweet Sixteen.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back