• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sunday Tourney thread

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Some fairly compelling games today.

KU v Stanford should be interesting.

UNC - ISU...hopefully the injury won't kill ISU's chance to beat UNC. HATE UNC. My books still has ISU as a 1.5 favorite.

Baylor - Creighton of course. And of course, they make me wait til the last game of the day to see it.

Second rounds are sometimes a letdown compared to the first but yesterday's games were pretty good overall...even though most of the teams I was rooting for lost.

A lot of eyes will be on Wichita State vs Kentucky. Very likely the best team Wichita State has played all season thus far. Maybe the most watched game of the day -- with no other game overlapping it.

I'm also curious to see if either Mercer or Stephen F. Austin can pull an upset. Yes, it's true that the majority of the big upsets come on Thu-Fri. But I'll be pulling for both of these teams today. Stephen F. Austin hasn't lost a game since November. And I tend not to be sold on UCLA or Alford come tourney time. But that game is the biggest spread of all games today. And you have to think Mercer has a decent chance against Tennessee.

Last edited:
For me, the games today are more exciting to watch than yesterday just because of the teams playing: KU, WSU, Creighton, UNC

Excited for the KU game as I am a huge Bill Self fan. He is the definition of a great coach. KU is always exciting to watch.

But my heart is with the Shockers today! Would love to see their success continue.

Four teams I'm especially pulling for today, in order:

1. Creighton
2. Stephen F. Austin
3. Wichita State
4. Mercer

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Iowa State, Stanford, and Gonzaga win. I tend to pull for upsets. But I'm not sure I want Memphis to beat Virginia. But if it happens, so be it.

Sheesh...forgot all about the Wichita game. Absolutely looking forward to that one. Will be rooting for WSU. Gotta keep the dream alive...Creighton and WSU in the final 4. :Biggrin:

Not much scoring going on in the Kansas/Stanford game so far. 10-6 with 12 minutes to go in the 1st half.

Four teams I'm especially pulling for today, in order:

1. Creighton
2. Stephen F. Austin
3. Wichita State
4. Mercer

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Iowa State, Stanford, and Gonzaga win. I tend to pull for upsets. But I'm not sure I want Memphis to beat Virginia. But if it happens, so be it.

Agree with all of the above. :nod: I usually root for the underdog (call it Schadenfreude, if you like :eek:) unless there is a vested interest in the team; but, win or lose, a close game and suspense-filled ending is the important thing. :thumbsup:

Stanford is going toe-to-toe with Kansas! There were a lot of exciting finishes yesterday, and it looks like that will continue today. :bow:

Quite a game going here with KU-Stanford.

Indeed. Stanford came to play. And you basically called that a day or so ago.

Makes me realize how little attention I pay to Pac-12 hoops (though we all suffer a bit with that due to the time zone difference).

Until that breakaway for a lay-up. Another exciting game going down to the wire!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back