• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Suh Stomps Packer, Wrecks car, LIES....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope that he can get his professional and personal life under control. I realize that he's a tremendous talent. But with that talent and the rewards coming his way, he also shares a lot of responsibility to make the most of it. I wish him the best and hope that this will shake him enough for have him realize that he's in danger of blowing his reputation and future success.

1. Yes, having money and being famous does make you a target. So you know what you do? You don't go speeding through downtown portland. You keep "hangers on" (I'm still assuming these were groupies) to a minumum. It SEEMS like that's what he had in the vehicle. It sucks that he can't be a "normal" 25 year old...but he's not. So he has to protect himself.

2. The chick was cut pretty good. If that's a friend of Suh's she doesn't sue him. If it's a hanger on...see #1.

Exaclty. It's not like this girl is coming out days later saying my back hurts. These are objective injuries, and if she treated at the hospital right after the accident there will be records confirming time and date. It's rather ridiculous that people are just saying she's in it for the money. Maybe she is looking for a payday, but regardless of that, she was injured in an accident and the tort feaser (person at fault) is Suh, under the law, she is entitled to a payday whether or not it's Suh or bilsker or The Impaler. Suh is almost certainly insured and the insurance company will investigate and pay for reasonable damages. Not one cent will likely come out of Suh's pockets except for increased insurance premiums.

I hope that he can get his professional and personal life under control. I realize that he's a tremendous talent. But with that talent and the rewards coming his way, he also shares a lot of responsibility to make the most of it. I wish him the best and hope that this will shake him enough for have him realize that he's in danger of blowing his reputation and future success.

I think we can all agree on that, Liz. I was hoping Suh could negotiate the pitfalls of wealth. But, he's a young guy and it would probably be too much to expect he wouldn't stumble. I just hope he doesn't hurt someone in the process.

Yes, have to agree here that this was an incredibly ignorant decision by Suh to even be out - By Himself - on a friday or saturday night in portland going to clubs, etc. With the massive amount of coin he earns, this is just rediculous to put himself at risk. Most high profile multi millionaire players realize they must adjust their personal life 180 degrees because of that wealth. I believe his sister is still his "manager", and that should end immediately unless she has hired a professional firm to protect their business, namely Suh.

He has family and ties to portland, thats understood, so he should have at least 2 to 4 assistants (drivers, bodyguards, PR people) from that area "on call" whenever he visits his home town. He should also have a team in lincoln and obviously in detroit as well. These assistants make sure #1: He doesnt drive anywhere alone at night, especially in an attention getting red hotrod. He wants to drive that around, he does it in the daytime with an assistant next to him that says "hey you want to race this thing, we will rent time at a closed track in town and you can have fun there. (NOT in downtown after midnight). #2: Most star jocks have given up "clubbing" all together, unless they host a private party. Bodygaurds cant prevent creative money grabbers. My gosh, it is so easy for a hi profile guy to be sqeezing his way past people in a crowded bar, getting pats on the back, etc, and have some bimbo thats been planted there scream and turn around smacking Suh and yelling "He just grabbed my ***!" At that point, all though totally innocent, he's done.

With obscene salaries and publicity, Suh has to learn that there is a price to pay in lost freedoms, etc, that he once enjoyed. In the future, his hotrod should be garaged and only brought out on a closed track, or in a downtown parade. When he goes home, a driver picks him up at the airport in a generic white 4 year old Yukon with plain wheels, so that he can visit family and friends without drawing attention to himself.

Just my two cents....

There is just so much creative BS that fanatical people, professional con artists, and gold diggers can do to get $ out of young millionaires... and that can ruin a reputation for good.

Last edited:
Good points, but the underlying issue is that Suh's behavior has been pretty 'off' lately. How many of us have wrapped a car around a tree? Rear-ending someone at a stop-light is common. Hitting a tree unless you're driving recklessly isn't. And we all know what his on the field play is like.

To this mid-grade Army Officer, these seem like indicators of some kind of problem that needs counseling. Were he one of my Soldiers I would have referred him to Community Mental Health Services for an independent, professional opinion. Maybe there's no there there. I hope he's just a cocky 26 year old with more money than I'll ever see who needs a grown up to mentor him. Vandenbosch might be a good choice for that.

Haven't you guys had any fun in your lives? I guess I can understand the discipline garnered in the military. Believe me I know about that disipline--my wife was military. Do you guys and gals remember Dick Butkus? I think those guys would laugh at all the attention Suh is getting for stepping on someone's arm. And to think what I would do with $40 million when I was 21 years old. Personal life is a mess!!! Needs counseling??? My gosh. Give the guy a break.

Here is to Suh and Pelini. Go about your jobs and ignore those that want to judge.

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding... read anything about the astronaut programs and how they drove (and the other ridiculous things they did)... kind of sad when people want to neuter the entire world.

Sports car...yes. "Muscle car"? No. Ok, who hasn't peeled out at some point? I am just going to assume you know who I'm talking about. Guys who do it all the time in their Trans Ams or Camero's or whatever. They generally have a mullet.

How about this amendment...if you do it more than once a year you're a dork? :)

My '98 Pontiac TA WS6 'Vert has an issue with your comment... and no, I don't have a mullet. ;)

Some of you guys talk about Suh stomping on a Packer like it's a bad thing. what's your problem?

Sure, memory is subjective and studies on the reliability of eye-witness testimonies prove how subjective memory is. But, the article did say that she treated at the hospital that night, so there will be fairly objective evidence of when she treated and that will go a long way in establishing the validity of her claim. I can say this, wrapping your car around a tree and these injuries seem consistent to me. Could she have been fine in the accident then her hubby busted her up? Sure, but what's more believable based on the info we have at this point.

"Yet, in the police report, the female passenger said she told Suh repeatedly she was hurt and needed a doctor. She said he refused and told her she was fine. She eventually walked down the street and had her husband pick her up and take her to Oregon Health and Science University for treatment."

If the hospital has paper work that she was treated that night then it holds more water...injuries could have happened in the car...could have tripped and fell on her way to call her hubby...I would be interested to hear the doctor's report. Sorry I am just skeptical of stuff like this. Been around too many people who have cried wolf in my day I guess.

My impression is that the police interviewed people on site that night. If there had been a truly significant injury, or if a passenger had asked for medical assistance, I have to think the police would have taken action.

The amendment to the report came days later after one of the passengers realized she needed to beef up the narrative in order to collect on the insurance.

I'll leave aside whether the beefed up narrative has anything to do with setting up a civil suit.

Hahahaha.

Good lord.

Talk about a "what have you done for me lately" mentality.

His personal life is not a mess. The girl had a chance to state she needed an ambulance when the police were on the scene. It was only after she tried to get her hospital bills paid that she came up with this latest version (it also sounds un-surprisingly coached... don't think for a second a lawyer did not contact her almost immediately).

As far as the taxi cab inconsistency, that's common in any eye witness situation.

Who among us didn't drive like an idiot in our early 20s? Especially when driving a cool car?

Personal life's a mess.... ridiculous and unfair characterization.

Yeah, everybody's probably lying or mistaken, except Suh, even the guy who wasn't even in the car, but saw the whole thing and said there was no taxi being passed.

We know Suh would never lie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tLTiLmyDY

Yeah, everybody's probably lying or mistaken, except Suh, even the guy who wasn't even in the car, but saw the whole thing and said there was no taxi being passed.

We know Suh would never lie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3tLTiLmyDY

The witness didn't say there was no cab; he said he didn't see one.

Police were on scene and none thought any of the passengers were seriously injured and none of the passengers stated they needed medical assistance that night. Do you think the police are lying?

As to your video, I stand by the contention that he was not intentionally stepping on someone (and in fact, he did not even step on the guy, as the guy's arm would have moved in reaction if he had).

Whatever, Cardinal. Paint the picture you want to paint.

Last edited:
As to your video, I stand by the contention that he was not intentionally stepping on someone (and in fact, he did not even step on the guy, as the guy's arm would have moved in reaction if he had).

I'm the one painting my own picture? Wow. Just ... wow.

The witness didn't say there was no cab; he said he didn't see one.

Police were on scene and none thought any of the passengers were seriously injured and none of the passengers stated they needed medical assistance that night. Do you think the police are lying?

You have obviously never handled auto injury claims. I did for 6 years. Anything from my back hurts from a $200 accident to fatalities of 5 year old boys. I think I have some insight into the accident. More times than not it seems no injuries were noted on a police report but yet there were injuries in the accident. Also, what we don't know at this point is how long it took police to arrive at the scene. Having talked to thousands of insureds and thousands of claimants, one common gripe that I got from most of them was how long it took the police to get there. If Suh is calling it in and saying that nobody is injured, I can bet how long it took police to arrive at the scene. To be sure, the injured party probably had plenty of time to walk away from the accident and have her husband take her to the hospital. At any rate, the hospital will have records of when she treated. If it was 2 days later then the claim is probably bogus, if she was admitted an hour after the accident it is related to the accident, unless someone can prove otherwise. Good luck.

Sorry, I loved Suh as a Husker as much as the next guy, but he is losing credibility fast. I hope he starts making better decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back