• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Suh / Rodgers - “Let’s talk some things out”

I know all about those guys, grew up watching them play. But this thread was about Suh so that’s what I commented on.
As did I and I compared them to some of the meanest Defenders of the past. Is Suh sometimes Dirty? Yes. Does that make me embarrassed that he was a Husker? Hell no I wish we had three of him to start on the DL this Saturday. I will take the occasional penalty for the fire he brings.

As did I and I compared them to some of the meanest Defenders of the past. Is Suh sometimes Dirty? Yes. Does that make me embarrassed that he was a Husker? Hell no I wish we had three of him to start on the DL this Saturday. I will take the occasional penalty for the fire he brings.

I think we’re pretty much in agreement here. I’d settle for one Suh and maybe throw in a Crick for good measure.

Like most of us, I will always love Suh for what he did as a Husker. He was possibly the most dominant defensive player in the history of college football and he should've won the Heisman Trophy his senior year.

That said, he has crossed an ugly line several times during his NFL career.

I think the thing that's important and vastly underreported with Suh is how much he has changed the way he plays. The egregious personal fouls and ugly incidents haven't happened in years.

I'm a big Rams fan and I watched him very closely throughout the 2018 season. He was amazing and played disciplined football all year, and the Rams defense has not been the same since he left. Aaron Donald is probably the best defensive player in the league but there's a reason he had his best season by far when Suh was playing alongside him.

Last edited:

I think the thing that's important and vastly underreported with Suh is how much he has changed the way he plays. The egregious personal fouls and ugly incidents haven't happened in years.

I'm a big Rams fan and I watched him very closely throughout the 2018 season. He was amazing and played disciplined football all year, and the Rams defense has not been the same since he left. Aaron Donald is probably the best defensive player in the league but there's a reason he had his best season by far when Suh was playing alongside him.

Agree, he’s definitely cleaned up his game in that area. He and Lavonte destroyed GB last Sunday......

Let’s be honest; blindsiding a guy with a cut at his knees, or blow to the head is trying to injure. Most of us have been stepped on; hand, calf, groin, and no doubt it hurts, but it rarely causes serious injury. I played a little on the less than cordial side, though I never cut a guys legs or anything like that. I did believe in the hard foul, one that would likely get me a flagrant or tossed now. It didn’t put people out of a game, but it did change how some played going forward. Suh tries to break a players rhythm, and Rodgers is a really good QB when he’s allowed to get in a rhythm.
You make a fair point, that said, I don't think any of us have been stepped on (more like stomped) by a man like Suh. :oops:

I had no problems with Suh when he played for us, IMO he was one of 2-3 best D linemen to play at NU. As for the pros, it is a business and he is very good at what he does. Suhhhhh

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back