• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Strong words on Frost from Severe

Take it for whatever it's worth. I have no reason to doubt Severe and if true this could be a big reason why the teams didn't succeed. Either way, I'm glad a change was made and I hope the athletes finally get to experience success.

I'll leave it to the future to get glimpses as to what happened and delay the words of Mr Hit N Miss.

Hard to tell how much of those specific accusations are true, but the fact that those were mentioned is alarming. Frost being "one of our own" many are going to try and protect him. However, I think it is important for the fan base to have some understanding how things got so bad. Not knowing hurts their ability to trust that we have the capability of getting it right.

Take it for whatever it's worth. I have no reason to doubt Severe and if true this could be a big reason why the teams didn't succeed. Either way, I'm glad a change was made and I hope the athletes finally get to experience success.

I don't have reason to doubt Severe either, but if true, was the media covering for him? Otherwise, we would've heard more earlier. MJ's style should show significant improvement then, I would think. Can see why players would get behind him more. Sorry to hear Frost didn't take the job more seriously, if that is the case. Did he think it was going to be easy?

There must be a reason for the full blown failure of Scott Frost. He was 13-0! Now, I realize recruiting wasn't his strong suit and even that undefeated UCF team was recruited by Frost's predecessor. But if this talking head is right it sounds like Frost was less committed than his players.

As a QB himself maybe Frost thought with his favorite quarterback of all time (aside from himself of course) Adrian Martinez and with Thompson he thought they were the key ingredients and as they go so goes the Huskers. He put a lot on their shoulders and I imagine Adrian's chapter in the book would raise some eyebrows. The old golf adage, Drive for Show, Putt for dough may apply here. Big offense for Show, Big defense for dough. (Offensive drive for show...)

I don't have reason to doubt Severe either, but if true, was the media covering for him? Otherwise, we would've heard more earlier. MJ's style should show significant improvement then, I would think. Can see why players would get behind him more. Sorry to hear Frost didn't take the job more seriously, if that is the case. Did he think it was going to be easy?
That is an excellent question. How did it stay under wraps? More importantly, why did it stay under wraps? If this is true, he certainly should have been fired, and sooner. Poor performance coupled with poor effort should have sent him packing.

Hard to tell how much of those specific accusations are true, but the fact that those were mentioned is alarming. Frost being "one of our own" many are going to try and protect him. However, I think it is important for the fan base to have some understanding how things got so bad. Not knowing hurts their ability to trust that we have the capability of getting it right.
Hobbling hobbies? Whoda thunk?

Look at the product on the field. Undisciplined, mind numbing mistakes, ST, game management, lack of physical line dominance, etc. SF was a cancer and now he is gone and HCMJ will fix some of this, how much we will have to see

Let's be honest guys. On every football team that has the talent to compete and win, but fails to do so, typically reveals deep cultural issues. And that always starts at the top. Been saying this for a long, long time among the flurry of excuse making for the golden boy. This is only the beginning in terms of what we learn.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back