• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Still Interested In Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine my fellow warrior in arms....I've seen so many kids missing limbs and struggling to even mske it in life with head injuires and depression...as I know you have and that makes me tear up...there is more to life than this....and yup awesome family....if we move to Colorado Springs as we hope next year hope we can meet up at a USAFA game next season....:) :)

you're doing a good job, RR. deep breaths and remember your wonderful family.

I'm fine my fellow warrior in arms....I've seen so many kids missing limbs and struggling to even mske it in life with head injuires and depression...as I know you have and that makes me tear up...there is more to life than this....and yup awesome family....if we move to Colorado Springs as we hope next year hope we can meet up at a USAFA game next season....:) :)

Good luck on the move; it is a beautiful area. We stopped going to the Air Force games this year as I needed a new shed and we are trying to get NU tickets in the east stadium expansion for next year and the out years. But I still have a cousin out there so we might make a trip or two.

I wish it was one game that I was angry about....I went to Madison last year, UCLA and CCG this year...the games for the most part were not competitive...we gave up so many yards that they re-wrote the record books....I cannot continue to pour my money in these trips just to be nationally embarrassed...I think people are becoming more skeptical of the whole recruiting deal because these kids are highly touted and they either arent seeing the field or arent panning out...Its been a long time since I have had this little of faith in our program and specifically our staff...I dont want Bo gone, but he needs to take a hard look at everything in this program.

That's it, no more husker games in person for you!! :O

RR

I can appreciate the need to move and C Springs is great (but thy could have laid out the roads better). But I will take a corn field over those majestic purple mountains any day! :thumbsup: BTW: I am with you on the wounded warriors. Brings EVERYTHING back into perspective.
:nod:

Good luck on the move; it is a beautiful area. We stopped going to the Air Force games this year as I needed a new shed and we are trying to get NU tickets in the east stadium expansion for next year and the out years. But I still have a cousin out there so we might make a trip or two.

When I retired from the USAF in 2007 wanted to go their....did not work out at the time....now it looks like it will....love that area....near a base for med care, commissary etc....which with all of Vicki's medical luck the past 18 months is a good thing....:) She is doing awesome btw...

Yes it does....awesome young NCOs and Officers...and a few older guys too....:) Its a joy to know them and and call them fellow warriors....best of the best...

RR

I can appreciate the need to move and C Springs is great (but thy could have laid out the roads better). But I will take a corn field over those majestic purple mountains any day! :thumbsup: BTW: I am with you on the wounded warriors. Brings EVERYTHING back into perspective.
:nod:

Keep at it RR, you are a beacon of light that we all need here. Don't let the pessimists get you down; they can only whine for so long. Optimisim is a good thing & it's pouring out of you. Lord knows we need it! :nod::Biggrin:

I wish it was one game that I was angry about....I went to Madison last year, UCLA and CCG this year...the games for the most part were not competitive...we gave up so many yards that they re-wrote the record books....I cannot continue to pour my money in these trips just to be nationally embarrassed...I think people are becoming more skeptical of the whole recruiting deal because these kids are highly touted and they either arent seeing the field or arent panning out...Its been a long time since I have had this little of faith in our program and specifically our staff...I dont want Bo gone, but he needs to take a hard look at everything in this program.

Well, it's obvious to me that you are bad karma to the team and shouldn't attend anymore games....;)

And how are YOU being embarrassed. I've yet to hear a mjw11 reference in any of the defeats. No one has questioned your ability to produce in big games not once from what I recall.....:lol:

Seriously, though, who are the "people" who are becoming skeptical? IIRC, Notre Dame hasn't done a whole lot of nothing on the national scene lately and they continuously bring in 4 and 5* talent every year. They have their own television network. Their move into a conference for football could cause a lot of musical chairs to occur amongst the college football world.

I agree that he has things he need to take a serious look at in the program, but I wouldn't put recruiting as one of those top problems to fix.

Recruiting has been alright ... better and better. This class might be the best one he's ever put together. Think he just needs to be able to land those big-time targets (Peat, Willis ... etc).

I would say that my embarrassment comes from this...I am a teacher out here in LA and am constantly talking about how great the Huskers are...Have pictures in my classroom and was so excited to go to Indy this past weekend...coming home to a bunch of impressionable students and them asking me how the weekend was very touch to deal with for the last 2 days

Recruiting has been alright ... better and better. This class might be the best one he's ever put together. Think he just needs to be able to land those big-time targets (Peat, Willis ... etc).

I agree. We have been so close big time guys the last few years but have not been able to land the program changer. We need to get someone like Willis, Newby, or Johnson just from a perception standpoint.

Hang in there RR, we all appreciate your contributions on here. People express frustrations in different ways, for me, coming on the BBS and letting my stream of conciousness go helps me. Trust me, there are plenty of times I reread some of my posts and think, "Wow, kind of went overboard on that one." It's just a form of therapy for me, you'll notice I probably post more when things aren't going great than when they are. It's not because I'm tucking my tail, but because I have less to say when I am happy I guess: :Biggrin:

At any rate, it's just a game, I think the vast majority of us on here understand that and when words like "embarrassment" and "we're horrible" come out it's very much in the context of football and not the grander scheme of things. Perspective is hard to glean from a message board most of the time IMO.

So, off my soapbox. I have not lost faith in Bo yet, but I think there definitely needs to be changes. Whether that be staff, practice approach, recruiting, I don't know. I just hope he knows how to proceed and looks to the right places to get the answers he doesn't have.

Here's to hoping this class finishes out strong because I like what's in place so far.

And again, don't let us negative nancies get ya down! :Biggrin: You talk us off the proverbial ledge so keep it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back