• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss had to have surgery....but the staff is pretty high on him....McMullen may move inside due to how big he has gotten....weight has gotten to 280+....

DE seems to be one of the thinner positions on the team to me. And its no secret to anyone that putting preasure on opposing QB has been a weekness post suh...DT leading the team in sacks is generally not the norm, but ya take em as you get em...ahh the good ol days of alberts, wistrom, croel, thomas, tomich, vandenboch

Eric Martin
Baker Stienkuhler
Cam Meredith
Sean Fischer
Alfonzo Whaley
Will Compton
PJ Smith
Damion Stafford
Courtney Osborne
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NONE of the players will make all B1G !! I think next years defense will be better. THis group HAS jelled as the season has come to and end.

We will need at least 2 of the JUCO DTs to commit in order for me to feel confident that the defense can be better next year.

I just re-watched the game and it looks like he has elevated his play a couple of notches. He's playing like a young Ronnie Lott. When those receivers come across the middle, he punishes them. He's flying around the field on search and destroy. Gonna be hard to replace this blackshirt.

Another bump: Of course, other DB's had an exceptional game this week, but did you all notice how if he wasn't the actual tackler, he was about a step or two away? Or how about that recovery and pass defense in the end zone? I'm thinking his Sunday stock must be going north...a good solid game as a premier safety at the college level.

Yup he had a heckuva game and has had a really good year...

Another bump: Of course, other DB's had an exceptional game this week, but did you all notice how if he wasn't the actual tackler, he was about a step or two away? Or how about that recovery and pass defense in the end zone? I'm thinking his Sunday stock must be going north...a good solid game as a premier safety at the college level.

Actually, he was burned on the pass to the endzone. If the throw wasn't against the wind it would have been a TD.

Actually, he was burned on the pass to the endzone. If the throw wasn't against the wind it would have been a TD.

He did get burned. WIndy day with a late pass from QB. Great job for #3 staying with the play and making a play to deny what looked like a easy TD. Stafford is playing at a high level... not where he was at the beginning of the season.

He did get burned. WIndy day with a late pass from QB. Great job for #3 staying with the play and making a play to deny what looked like a easy TD. Stafford is playing at a high level... not where he was at the beginning of the season.

Yep..hope others are watching and his pro stock goes north.

Oh, one other thing..with the schemes that the D are running, did Stafford get burned or did he recover a burned coverage by someone else? I'm sure I won't know until the film room tomorrow. ;) :Biggrin:

I'm more worried about replacing PJ Smith.

Stafford too often looks for the big hit and ends up missing the tackle. He also has a knack for committing penalties.

Stafford takes on guys at full speed and stops them in their tracks. There was play on the 5 yard line where it was Stafford against the RB and this guy was not touched coming through the hole and the RB ran into Stafford and he stopped him in his tracks...........it looked like the RB hit a brick wall.

Stafford=No Fear

I don't remember who the DB was on the play, but the WR was released and Stafford shifted over after the release. Had Vandenberg been able to perfectly time the release by the DB he may have been able to complete the pass, but only maybe. Stafford saw it the whole way, as soon as I saw Vandenberg start to throw I expected Stafford to pick the pass, which he almost did. The WR was already pinned against the sideline and being a deep pass Stafford was going to have time to get under it regardless of wind.

Stafford has really elevated his game. The talent and energy has always been there, now he is playing smart and confident.

Yeah but he is already sort of a starter....Brown from what I am hearing is a beast...big like Compton with David's speed.....and hits a ton....also hearing similar things about Afalava....both have the speed Rose does not......

I think its that speed and talent that will help offset the loss of experience. We will need Ankra, Randle, and Santos to step up until the younger players get experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back