• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice (3/25/19)

I respectfully disagree. IF Luke is the second best QB, then that is the guy I want in the lineup. That's even more important if it goes beyond 4 games. If we need him in > 4 games because of an AM injury, then it's been a worthwhile investment of his freshman campaign. I would hate to use our 3rd best QB this year just so that we could save Luke for some point 4 years from now. (Again, this discussion is moot if he doesn't earn the backup spot).
He is not QB2.
So we dont have to worry about it.

Kind of disappointing they single out Dixon and Bradley as moving to the auxiliary locker room.
I believe it was Troy Walters who said Bradley was not running "like his hair was on fire". Seems like Bradley may not be taking advantage of the opportunity he has been given this spring to impress.

I hope Mills has his academics in order. Looks like we are going to need him to be ready to rock and roll right out of the gate.

Last edited:
I believe it was Troy Walters who said Bradley was not running "like his hair was on fire". Seems like Bradley may not be taking advantage of the opportunity he has been given this spring to impress.

I hope Mills has his academics in order. Looks like we are going to need him to be ready to rock and roll right out of the gate.

I must have missed that from Walters. Was that this spring, or last year?

Last edited:

I believe it was Troy Walters who said Bradley was not running "like his hair was on fire". Seems like Bradley may not be taking advantage of the opportunity he has been given this spring to impress...

He's made huge strides in the off-season. By making that statement they are just trying to push him even more to realize his full potential. I know the staff is impressed with his improved commitment.

Last edited:
» Bradley and linebacker Breon Dixon were among notable Huskers who peeled off from the main group to the auxiliary locker room after practice.
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_e8f86da6-8139-5a3c-a15d-cb12511d13ac.html

What does this comment by McKewon mean? It is a little cryptic and not very clear. Were those guys moved from the main locker room to the auxiliary locker or have they been there all spring and haven't made enough progress to get to the main locker yet?

He's made huge strides in the off-season. By making that statement they are just trying to push him even more to realize his full potential. I know the staff is impressed with his improved commitment.

Hope that’s it, and they wouldn’t be talking about him if they didn’t see that potential.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/footb...cle_e8f86da6-8139-5a3c-a15d-cb12511d13ac.html

What does this comment by McKewon mean? It is a little cryptic and not very clear. Were those guys moved from the main locker room to the auxiliary locker or have they been there all spring and haven't made enough progress to get to the main locker yet?

Not sure, but another possibility is that they’ve not dressed in the main locker room in their careers yet. I guess there is only so much space there, so a few notable guys will always be below the #’s cutoff. Too bad in some ways...hard for them to get the benefit of the “family” atmosphere when they are relegated to the room above the garage...

Hope that’s it, and they wouldn’t be talking about him if they didn’t see that potential.
What a statement about where you stand though. I know how I would feel if the coach told me I was in the auxiliary and I was not a true freshman. It would either be I need to fine another school or I need to get my butt in gear.

Not sure, but another possibility is that they’ve not dressed in the main locker room in their careers yet. I guess there is only so much space there, so a few notable guys will always be below the #’s cutoff. Too bad in some ways...hard for them to get the benefit of the “family” atmosphere when they are relegated to the room above the garage...
I think the better analogy is the kids table at thanksgiving.

It was Ryan Held. Quoted by the OWH:

Sophomore back Jaylin Bradley, Held said, had good plays in Nebraska’s pre-spring break scrimmage but “needs to run with his hair on fire” more often.

Then the article goes on to say that Brody Belt is getting attention because that's what he's doing.

It was Ryan Held. Quoted by the OWH:

Sophomore back Jaylin Bradley, Held said, had good plays in Nebraska’s pre-spring break scrimmage but “needs to run with his hair on fire” more often.

Then the article goes on to say that Brody Belt is getting attention because that's what he's doing.

Ah...ok, doesn’t sting quite as much from the position coach as from the OC. Held is trying to motivate him...

What's wrong with the room above the garage?

SpeedyGreedyGermanshepherd-small.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back