• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring Practice (3/13/19)

I'm excited about our O line. Jaimes seems to be stepping up as the big dog. Sounds like Hixson has his legit chance. Hoping Jurgen's freaking feet stay healthy - can handle all that weight - and that he learns the ins and outs of being the center in a hurry. It's such a critical position...

Yup they like Jurgens a lot question will be is he ready? Will Farniok may get the nod because of that. He is no slouch himself

I'm excited about our O line. Jaimes seems to be stepping up as the big dog. Sounds like Hixson has his legit chance. Hoping Jurgen's freaking feet stay healthy - can handle all that weight - and that he learns the ins and outs of being the center in a hurry. It's such a critical position...

Agree, but we do have center options as well behind Jurgens (Miller, Farniok, and I thought even Forbes got his name tossed in the mix the other day).

I think a full year of being with Austin and Frost's offense is going to make a big difference. Not only are the linemen familiar with the concepts, but as more and more get familiar that means we can play more as a unit during this spring and really evaluate down the depth chart. It was a bit struggle to get 5 guys who could do the scheme on the field at the same time for the first few games... now we'll be able to develop some depth.

Add in Duval/Ellis' work (a bunch of guys look very different -- Jurgens, Hixson, etc.) and I'm excited to see what we have.

really interesting quotes in there. Noticed Chin commented on Ryan Schommer while talking about the LB's. Wonder if they think of him as a LB now?

found some old HS combine stats for him -

6'6, 229lbs, 5.069 40, 4.32 shuttle, 7.56 3 cone, 102" broad jump, 29.5 vertical

really decent numbers for a walk-on. Frame and size indicates room to grow and gain speed and quickness (shuttle numbers very good for his size already), and a good sign he was scout team player of the year last year.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back