• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring football

I’m hoping once again we play tackle football as opposed to flag football. Obviously injuries need to be minimized but it’s supposed to be football which entails some risks. Impossible to have any idea what our QB’s are like passing under pressure if they can’t be touched. It’s certainly going be fun to see how the QB situation plays out. Can’t wait! :Mfclap:
The only Spring game I have ever seen live was in 1996. The hitting during that game was intense. It was a long time ago and my memory isn't perfect, but I don't remember the QBs wearing green jerseys. I definitely remember the offensive and defensive linemen getting after it, including some stuff after the whistles blew. It was serious, intense, hard-hitting football. I would love to get back to that someday in our practices and scrimmages.

Last edited:
Link from the front page…The RB position is usually the most difficult to gain anything from in spring ball. Limited contact, passing game install, lots of shuffling around and on top of that, this year we are down 2 key members of last year’s room with both Rahmir and Gabe out through spring. We are a long ways out from August and I wouldn’t be shocked to see 1 of them gone by fall. Lots of schollies to flush.
Kwintin Ives’s time to step forward. I’m guessing he gets lots of attention this spring. Dowdell and Johnson should both have there places set. Ives could be next in line if Rahmir and/or Gabe have any set backs or transfer out.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...winten-ives-rahmir-johnson-227773803/#2373471
You hit on a key note. A lot of scholarships to flush. Guessing at least one and likely two from that spot.

1000015257.jpg

I'm not sure how I feel about full contact as a regular thing. I can see that if MR had had three full years of recruiting in hand and some depth at all the key positions. I'm not sure we are at that point yet. We have a lot of bodies, but that is different from having depth of quality players. We don't have that and a couple of injuries at key positions -- e.g., QB -- and the program is set back another year.

The only Spring game I have ever seen live was in 1996. The hitting during that game was intense. It was a long time ago and my memory isn't perfect, but I don't remember the QBs wearing green jerseys. I definitely remember the offensive and defensive linemen getting after it, including some stuff after the whistles blew. It was serious, intense, hard-hitting football. I would love to get back to that someday in our practices and scrimmages.
We all want hard nose football in the Spring Game and our practices

Until a season ending injury!

Just got this from the Athletic Department:

Pre-Spring Press Conference

We will hold a pre-spring press conference on Monday, March 18 in advance of the start of spring practice. Coach Rhule and 2-4 selected players will be available in the Hawks Center media room, beginning with Coach Rhule at 10 a.m.

Nebraska Football Pro Day

Nebraska will hold its pro day on Wednesday, March 20. Pro Day will begin in the weight room and transition to the Hawks Center between 10 and 10:15 a.m.

2024 Spring Practice Media Schedule

The media schedule for spring practice will be available next week, at or shortly after Monday’s press conference. The first practice media availability is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, March 26.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back