• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring football

70county

Scout Team
20 Year Member
IMG_7270.jpeg

Apologies if this is out there and I just missed it, but the spring football schedule dates were released. Surprised we’re just a shade over 3 weeks out and I havent seen much about it.
-With so Many story lines from OL development not having the rug pulled out from under it with the retention of Raiola. (Year 3) Who jumps to the forefront to starting in 2025 in place of departing members of this years line starts this spring.
-WR depth… portal entries presumably jump to the top of the depth chart this fall. Like the OL, the boatloads of youth will be counted on for depth and development this year, but who the leaders of the 2025 room will be weeding itself out.
-scholarship #’s… we still sit up around ~100. If you want to stay you better want to play. Competition across the roster, let alone by position.
-new QB coach/OC… how much influence will Glenn Thomas have on the offense? How about the QB’s. Does he help this group protect the ball?
-position changes… RuQuan Buckley, Jason Mackieczak, Mason Goldmen all switched sides of the ball. More changes are sure to come. (Players changed positions weekly on defense last year, does that continue or do we see guys like Borders, Umanielen, Sherman… ‘settle in’
AJ Rollins, Janiran Boner and Tommie Hill were 3 noteworthy switches last year. (Heinrich Haarberg???)
-oh yes, do we have a QB battle? If not HH may just be able to make that move.
-and of course, the most critical of all… can we avoid significant injuries? Let’s avoid the Medical redshirts for a change.

Here’s some accurate news Thsts been out for months

Spring game set for April 27 @11:00 AM

https://www.1011now.com/2023/11/29/date-announced-2024-nebraska-spring-football-game/?outputType=amp

Edit:the following was posted/linked by an idiot that can’t read dates on a Twitter post

Last edited:

Apologies if this is out there and I just missed it, but the spring football schedule dates were released. Surprised we’re just a shade over 3 weeks out and I havent seen much about it.
-With so Many story lines from OL development not having the rug pulled out from under it with the retention of Raiola. (Year 3) Who jumps to the forefront to starting in 2025 in place of departing members of this years line starts this spring.
-WR depth… portal entries presumably jump to the top of the depth chart this fall. Like the OL, the boatloads of youth will be counted on for depth and development this year, but who the leaders of the 2025 room will be weeding itself out.
-scholarship #’s… we still sit up around ~100. If you want to stay you better want to play. Competition across the roster, let alone by position.
-new QB coach/OC… how much influence will Glenn Thomas have on the offense? How about the QB’s. Does he help this group protect the ball?
-position changes… RuQuan Buckley, Jason Mackieczak, Mason Goldmen all switched sides of the ball. More changes are sure to come. (Players changed positions weekly on defense last year, does that continue or do we see guys like Borders, Umanielen, Sherman… ‘settle in’
AJ Rollins, Janiran Boner and Tommie Hill were 2 noteworthy switches last year. (Heinrich Haarberg???)
-and of course, the most critical of all… can we avoid significant injuries? Let’s avoid the Medical redshirts for a change.

Much is still fairly wide open. I think we may see a continued approach going forwards, using NIL schollies as a practice squad.

Makes for depth and development.

Thomas is the real deal and out turnovers will decrease, but even making huge strides would maybe get us middle of the pack.
Example, we lose one less turnover a game doesn't get us in the middle of the pack, close but only tied for 77th

Link from the front page…The RB position is usually the most difficult to gain anything from in spring ball. Limited contact, passing game install, lots of shuffling around and on top of that, this year we are down 2 key members of last year’s room with both Rahmir and Gabe out through spring. We are a long ways out from August and I wouldn’t be shocked to see 1 of them gone by fall. Lots of schollies to flush.
Kwintin Ives’s time to step forward. I’m guessing he gets lots of attention this spring. Dowdell and Johnson should both have there places set. Ives could be next in line if Rahmir and/or Gabe have any set backs or transfer out.

https://247sports.com/college/nebra...winten-ives-rahmir-johnson-227773803/#2373471

AJ Rollins, Janiran Boner and Tommie Hill were 3 noteworthy switches last year. (Heinrich Haarberg???)

https://www.1011now.com/2023/11/29/date-announced-2024-nebraska-spring-football-game/?outputType=amp

Edit:the following was posted/linked by an idiot that can’t read dates on a Twitter post

Spring Game is on a monday??

NM I see someone already pointed out it is last year.

I’m hoping once again we play tackle football as opposed to flag football. Obviously injuries need to be minimized but it’s supposed to be football which entails some risks. Impossible to have any idea what our QB’s are like passing under pressure if they can’t be touched. It’s certainly going be fun to see how the QB situation plays out. Can’t wait! :Mfclap:

Last edited:
I’m hoping once again we play tackle football as opposed to flag football. Obviously injuries need to be minimized but it’s supposed to be football which entails some risks. Impossible to have any idea what our QB’s are like passing under pressure if they can’t be touched. It’s certainly going be fun to see how the QB situation plays out. Can’t wait! :Mfclap:
With how many people we have to purge from the roster, I don't think there's any other choice but to let the guys play and earn their spots playing real football

With how many people we have to purge from the roster, I don't think there's any other choice but to let the guys play and earn their spots playing real football

That also aligns with Rhule's overall mantra of 'Compete. Earn'.

I don't doubt that at some point where going to have a handful of guys who're just untouchable due to the separation they've created at their position, but I don't think we've got that yet.

Don't know if it was the intent but think now what a brilliant move on Rhule's part to have spring practices later this year after basketball season winds down given the success both teams are having. Also, wrestling. Doesn't take the attention away from basketball and wrestling.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back