• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Solich Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Johnson

Recruit
5 Year Member
The place NU finds itself now is very similar to where Frank was years ago. Even though the record is good, 9-3, this year, the program looks to be trending down. The offense is weak, the QB has shown no growth period. The receivers are still dropping balls. No running game. The D is barely adequate and this is not a real good USC team. Not sure where we go from here, but it is not a place that engenders optimism.

USC just one 11 games. I think they are pretty good. They are just one of thoses teams that will never be high in the polls. The media ignores them.

Not even close. Solich knew how to hire coaches and correct problem.

So Son what say ye? Any thoughts or are you satisfied where things are right now?

I'm not sure Bo has an assistant on his staff who stands out and gives us hope that they can help him rectify the problem. And Bo hired every coach on his staff, so ultimately he's responsible.

That's why I think the comparison to Solich is unfair. Both coaches had the opportunity to upgrade their staffs. Coach Solich did pretty well in that regard. At this point, I can't say that Bo has done the same.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Bo has an assistant on his staff who stands out and gives us hope that they can help him rectify the problem. And Bo hired every coach on his staff, so ultimately he's responsible.

That's why I think the comparison to Solich is unfair. Both coaches had the opportunity to upgrade their staffs. Coach Solich did pretty well in that regard. At this point, I can't say that Bo has done the same.

He hired a golf pro. What else do you want?

He hired a golf pro. What else do you want?

That may be one of the weakest criticisms of a coach I've ever seen. You may actually have some legitimate criticisms of him, but you completely destroy your credibility when you post something goofy like that.

That may be one of the weakest criticisms of a coach I've ever seen. You may actually have some legitimate criticisms of him, but you completely destroy your credibility when you post something goofy like that.

So I don't have any credibility with you? Oh well! For the record, I don't think he should be fired or told who to hire or fire. The WR have been suspect at best. Their coach is a former golf pro. Do with that what you will.

So I don't have any credibility with you?

It's hard for anyone to be credible when they post something like you did above. Urban Meyer could sold magazine subscriptions inbetween his coaching stints, but repeating that ad nauseum says nothing about his abilities as a coach.

Son, I wasn't thinking so much of the staff, although you make a valid point. I am more just discouraged. Another post addresses the apparent psych of the team, how they lose confidence the first time something goes wrong. Also looks at P and his inability to control himself. This poster may be on to something. I don't think I ever saw Tom lose control, nor Frank for that matter. The late games in the last couple of seasons have just been disappointing. The QBing is problematic as well, but without a good O line it is tough to play QB.

It's hard for anyone to be credible when they post something like you did above. Urban Meyer could sold magazine subscriptions inbetween his coaching stints, but repeating that ad nauseum says nothing about his abilities as a coach.

Ummm, yeah. We're not talking about a coach with championships here. Are we?

Ummm, yeah. We're not talking about a coach with championships here. Are we?

Ugh. I give up.

I agree with Leviathan that a legitimate criticism of our assistants is the fact that one of them used to be a golf pro. :confused:

Last edited:

Ugh. I give up.

I agree with Leviathan that the biggest criticism of our assistants we can come up with is that one of them was a golf pro.

Listen, my point is not that he was a golf pro. My point is that at this level there isn't a shortage of qualified guys to choose from. I will stop short of saying he is a bad coach but the position he coached failed to produce on the field. If that is what NU was forced to deal with, ok. If that is what BP chose to take because they're buddies, then that's a problem, in my opinion. But, you're analogy to Urban Meyer is completely irrelevant as Meyer has a proven record. Does Fisher? No. I'm not sure NU needs to be a proving ground for coaches learning their trade. It seems that it is becoming that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back