• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Solich Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of Bo's assistant coaches have or have had ties to Solich's staff. I'm not sure why anyone should be overly surprised at the results.

Most of Bo's assistant coaches have or have had ties to Solich's staff. I'm not sure why anyone should be overly surprised at the results.
That's not really true anymore. RB, LB, and OL are Solich guys. But with Carl and Sanders gone, I don't think there are others.

solich took over after TO's run of the mid 90's no where to go but down. pelini took over after callahan, no where to go but up. we have had four 9 win seasons in a row, 2 of which were the 1st and last in conferences. adjustments need to be made but not sure how anyone can think that bo has us trending downward. we may have platued a bit but a sharp and immediate upward jump took place when bo got here. the next step needs start to show or more will loose support, but im thinking a few more years to put things in place to make a jump is obvious. nebraska is not the hot bed that is just going to jump to the top with the southward trend that is taking place in college football with the pass of a wond reguardless of whom the coach is. we should be able to start making hay in the B1G soon however. stabalize program and then hit on a few key recruits and nebraska will be relivent again...hold tight hukser fans

There is no "arrived" in college football. The team changes every year. Last year's team was more experienced and better on defense. Offense was better this year, less reliant n the homerun for scoring, but very young and prone to quicksand. That's not 'trending downward'. We will be better next year, but probably 1-2 more wins/less losses max.

9-10 wins is a success ANY year, IMO. Stay the course and the tumblers will eventually align.

9-10 wins is a success ANY year, IMO. Stay the course and the tumblers will eventually align.

I would agree if in your losses you are competitive. If you are getting blown out, thats asking more than just having the ball bounce the right way here and there.

I would agree if in your losses you are competitive. If you are getting blown out, thats asking more than just having the ball bounce the right way here and there.

In '03, we were blown out only twice.

In '11, we were blown out once or maybe twice (I'd argue that the UM game hinged on a ball bouncing the wrong way a couple of times on STs).

We are fine. We continue the process of developing players, recruiting to replace lost talent and refining our system.

Reading the board, which I knew would be a mistake, just reminds me of how spoiled NU fans continue to be... "wwwwhhhhaaaa, we're only average (or top 30, which isn't really average, but whatever).... we deserve more." The reaction here is more disappointing/frustrating than the game itself.

I guess you missed the big dip in success during that 6 year period (and no I am not one whoe expected a bunch of Nat'l Championships.

1999 beat every team we played. Would have been in NC game if BCS formula had been in place. 2001 Championsip game.

Sorry, you are wrong. I'll give you 2002 only, and that was primarily the result of assistant coaches that should have retired before they gave up coaching/recruiting and an absentee landlord in charge of S&C for 3 years prior.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back