• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked SI's Stewart Mandel says we can get someone better than Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Put me down as a Frost fan, but Mandel loses me with that last sentence. Tom never ran the triple option.
And these guys get paid ....

Frank must have told the press a hundred times that not only did the Huskers not run a "triple option," but that the Husker offense was not an "option offense", but was multiple.

People would be surprised to know that we probably didn't run more than 6-8 option runs per game.

Tom Osborne is credited with inventing the modern college passing game, and for perfecting the I formation.

NFL teams visited and learned TO's offense.

It was Royal who perfected the triple option using the Wishbone, and then Switzer turned it into a monster with 350 screaming-fast big backs, one monster tight end, and an occasional game-breaking wideout like Harrison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back