• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Since a bowl is possible

HuskerSuperGenius

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Whoa Nellie, we aren't done yet!
Three one possession losses, all of them our own fault means that we can still get to a bowl game if we just use the bye week to get healthy, and get a Qb who can execute our offense.
1. Wisconsin: Football is a game where anything can happen. We go dime, blitz madly and their average QB throws three picks and we are in this game if we are using a QB that executes our offense and we score 35 or more points. Oh and unicorns have to appear at half time :)
2. Maryland is winnable if we have a QB running our offense that can execute and our defense plays like it did against Purdue which was not half bad.

3. Now here is the surprise, I think by the end of November, Iowa maybe beatable. They play wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois. All three of these are going to be physical game which may mean Iowa will be very nicked up be the time they get to Lincoln. Secondly, the Hawks could lose all three of these games, which would make them more prone to upset than if they hit Lincoln on winning streak like they usually do.

So I don't think that we are out of bowl contention yet, IF Scott is willing to let whomever is truly playing best at QB in 2019 play QB. At Purdue, the line passed blocked reasonable well, our receivers got open but AM was not making plays in the first half with his arm or his feet on a consistent basis so that Frost's offense failed.

Frost knows that his offense is QB driven, he has to have great, quick decisions or it all falls apart. Does he believe his heart or his lying eyes? We shall see.

GBR

Whoa Nellie, we aren't done yet!
Three one possession losses, all of them our own fault means that we can still get to a bowl game if we just use the bye week to get healthy, and get a Qb who can execute our offense.
1. Wisconsin: Football is a game where anything can happen. We go dime, blitz madly and their average QB throws three picks and we are in this game if we are using a QB that executes our offense and we score 35 or more points. Oh and unicorns have to appear at half time :)
2. Maryland is winnable if we have a QB running our offense that can execute and our defense plays like it did against Purdue which was not half bad.

3. Now here is the surprise, I think by the end of November, Iowa maybe beatable. They play wisconsin, Minnesota, and Illinois. All three of these are going to be physical game which may mean Iowa will be very nicked up be the time they get to Lincoln. Secondly, the Hawks could lose all three of these games, which would make them more prone to upset than if they hit Lincoln on winning streak like they usually do.

So I don't think that we are out of bowl contention yet, IF Scott is willing to let whomever is truly playing best at QB in 2019 play QB. At Purdue, the line passed blocked reasonable well, our receivers got open but AM was not making plays in the first half with his arm or his feet on a consistent basis so that Frost's offense failed.

Frost knows that his offense is QB driven, he has to have great, quick decisions or it all falls apart. Does he believe his heart or his lying eyes? We shall see.

GBR

You’re joking about playing dime the whole game against Wisconsin, right?

Should beat Maryland. I somewhat share a glimmer of optimism about Iowa as well (I shouldn’t, but I do).

Mathematically we have a chance. Practically, we are done.

Wisconsin will do what Minnesota did, only better. Maryland we should be able to beat, but I'm counting on another road game choke against an inferior opponent (see Colorado, Purdue). Iowa has our number and cares more, plus they don't make dumb mistakes.

Wisconsin will do what Minnesota did, only better. Maryland we should be able to beat, but I'm counting on another road game choke against an inferior opponent (see Colorado, Purdue). Iowa has our number and cares more, plus they don't make dumb mistakes.
Wisky plays Iowa this weekend. For sure there will be lots of bodies on the ground during this game, physical, physical, physical. Which means both of them will be dinged up when they play us.

We cant let Wisky just lineup and run at us, they will hose us like OSU did so I hope we go DIME (yes Husker in Wisconsin I so) and confuse the heck out of them with corner blitzs and mess the heck out their blocking. Then we need to score like crazy, at least 35 points to keep them off the field to play rested Dime/crazy.

GBR

Last edited:

Wisky plays Iowa this weekend. For sure there will be lots of bodies on the ground during this game, physical, physical, physical. Which means both of them will be dinged up when they play us.

We cant let Wisky just lineup and run at us, they will hose us like OSU did so I hope we go DIME (yes Husker in Wisconsin I so) and confuse the heck out of them with corner blitzs and mess the heck out their blocking. Then we need to score like crazy, at least 35 points to keep them off the field to play rested Dime/crazy.

GBR
Kidnap Jonathan Taylor, Jack Coan and some other key players. Probably lose anyway.

I would say beat Maryland and hope there's not enough 6-win teams, but I don't think that's very likely either (lack of 6-win teams).

Man...I wish I could disagree with this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back