• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Since a bowl is possible

I'll be there when we play Wisconsin, 38 rows up. I hope to keep my jersey clean from the blood bath I expect, but I will cheer them on none the less. We will beat Maryland and either Wisconsin or Iowa if for no other reason than voodoo.... I dunno, grasping at straws. GBR

I like the guy, so I'm just walking away. :Whistling:

36 Blast
I know that the Dime is far out against Wisky but it did some good things against Purdue (2 turnovers).
It failed against Purdue only when the effort failed (See Carriker today).
I like getting more athletic (speed) players on the field with the Dime because Taylor loves to slide outside and go long and our LBs cant get there. But it also requires that the offense scores points because we at best will hold Wisky to less than 28 points.
For DONU to score more than 28 points I think someone other than AM has to play QB, AM has just been too in consistent and Scott's offense needs 65-70% completion rate and a QB that runs for 1st downs when the play breaks down.
AM has not been that guy this year (he sure was in 2018).

GBR

Last edited:
36 Blast
I know that the Dime is far out against Wisky but it did some good things against Purdue (2 turnovers).
It failed against Purdue only when the effort failed (See Carriker today).
I like getting more athletic (speed) players on the field with the Dime because Taylor loves to slide outside and go long and our LBs cant get there. But it also requires that the offense scores points because we at best will hold Wisky to less than 28 points.
For DONU to score more than 28 points I think someone other than AM has to play QB, AM has just been too in consistent and Scott's offense needs 65-70% completion rate and a QB that runs for 1st downs when the play breaks down.
AM has not been that guy this year (he sure was in 2018).

GBR
Fair enough. I was just specifically speaking about your comment relating to running dime against Wiscy. If we did that, our entire secondary would be in the hospital by the end of the 1st quarter....and Taylor would put up 250 yards in the first half. We don't have Terrell Farley and Jamel Williams (I know they were LBs...but at 205, they were athletic safeties in today's world) running round out there, as you know. ;)

IMPO, If we hold Wiscy under 50 at this point, I'd be shocked...regardless of the front we use.

And yes, at this point, if AM is unwilling to run the ball, then a change is needed. As I stated to someone else today, our offense is predicated on the threat of the QB run. If AM can't or is unwilling to decisively tuck it and run, then he needs to sit and let someone else give it a go.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back