• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Silver Lining

If they are trying to correct failure, they have not aceepted it.
if they are going with something else that tells me they accept this was a failure.

I say this from reading Steve jobs biography..He said the hardest thing for him was to accept that a person, system, Idea will fail. It's what they do with that failure is key.

Success is lionized and those who fail are branded as "losers." The inability to admit and accept failure, however, increases the likelihood of recurrence

I think you are confused when it comes to the definition of entitled. 9 wins annually is achievable and should be expected. Just ask Bo or Wisconsin. The expectation of achievable success does not make one entitled. The acceptance of failure however, does make one a loser.

I replied to this statement which sounds like entitled fans to me. You can label however you want.

i still believe that winning 9 isn't some major accomplishment at NU in an era of 13 or 14games. remember how many of you basically crapped on that "magical" 9 win season last year because there wasn't anything real special about it.

I replied to this statement which sounds like entitled fans to me. You can label however you want.

i still believe that winning 9 isn't some major accomplishment at NU in an era of 13 or 14games. remember how many of you basically crapped on that "magical" 9 win season last year because there wasn't anything real special about it.
Notice how he slipped the 14 in there? We haven't had a coach who won less than 10 games out of 14 played since calllahan.

Last edited:

you might want look up the word "entitled".

me saying it isn't a grand accomplishment isn't me saying we deserve 9 wins. in fact i dont much care about that number at all. some years 9 wins is excellent. other years it means you lost to every good team you played.

you might want look up the word "entitled".

me saying it isn't a grand accomplishment isn't me saying we deserve 9 wins. in fact i dont much care about that number at all. some years 9 wins is excellent. other years it means you lost to every good team you played.

That sounds pretty ok right now. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back