• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Silver Lining

I thought this thread was going to be about what happens with Chip going to UCLA and Frost going to UF. Who is OUR silver lining? ;)

So by that logic, the six year hell I went though with my first wife was the "silver lining" because my second wife has been the love of my life for 33 years?

No thanks, would rather have met the second one first! :)
Scott Frost may not have got his 2nd wife (Nebraska) if he hadn’t taken a 1st wife (UCF)

Well yeah, our untrained monkey got Pooh on some people. As i posted, for those fans dismissing the 9 games per year that Pelini was as nothing a trained monkey couldn’t do, the past 3 seasons must have been educational.
no poo on me. ;)

even someone as in over his head as Riley turned out to be managed 1 9 win season before veering off into a deep ditch. I'm certainly glad i included "trained" in that jab sevetal years ago! i still believe that winning 9 isn't some major accomplishment at NU in an era of 13 or 14 games. remember how many of you basically crapped on that "magical" 9 win season last year because there wasn't anything real special about it?

9 wins is completely doable by a staff that is has it's s... together. This one didn't. Clearly. We, certainly i do anyway, assume Frost is going to be a real good coach. and as such he will reach the magic 9 with relative ease in a very short period of time. maybe 1 mulligan next year but let's let next year's schedule play out before anointing it the death march that some already have.

by the way....have you seen some of these trained monkies? some seriously smart sons of guns.

Last edited:
no poo on me. ;)

even someone as in over his head as Riley turned out to be managed 1 9 win season before veering off into a deep ditch. I'm certainly glad i included "trained" in that jab sevetal years ago! i still believe that winning 9 isn't some major accomplishment at NU in an era of 13 or 14 games. [N]remember how many of you basically crapped on that "magical" 9 win season last year because there wasn't anything real special about it?[/B]

9 wins is completely doable by a staff that is has it's s... together. This one didn't. Clearly. We, certainly i do anyway, assume Frost is going to be a real good coach. and as such he will reach the magic 9 with relative ease in a very short period of time. maybe 1 mulligan next year but let's let next year's schedule play out before anointing it the death march that some already have.

by the way....have you seen some of these trained monkies? some seriously smart sons of guns.
I’d venture the crap thrown on last years nine win season was just shoving it in the face of the hypocrites that disparaged previous nine win seasons, but were now giddy as school girls with 2016 results.

Completely agree with the nine win sentiment in a 13 game season.

The Riley hire will have been worth it (despite the disastrous results) if Frost comes in and kicks butt. This 3 year stretch has rid the program of the stench Bo left behind, it has given Frost a chance to cut his teeth at a mid-major and prove that he's ready for the next step, which he has, and it has allowed Scott time to establish recruiting ties in Florida and the Southeast to couple with his West Coast ties.

The possible recruiting holes will be Texas/Louisiana, Ohio/Pennsylvania/ New Jersey and the Midwest. I'm not sure who on his current staff works those areas, but if they're covered he'll be good to go. The next few weeks will be interesting for sure.
Just too much blue sky in your post Suh. A decent hire by FADSE would have accomplished the same thing in reducing the harm caused by Bo, without having the the losses that we have had with Riley. The only thing successful by MR has been is Mr Rogers on the gridiron.

I’d venture the crap thrown on last years nine win season was just shoving it in the face of the hypocrites that disparaged previous nine win seasons, but were now giddy as school girls with 2016 results.

Completely agree with the nine win sentiment in a 13 game season.
LOL...who was "giddy?" Probably some of us enjoyed the first 7-0 start in 15 years, but, even with that, it was clear the team had inexperience and talent issues that wouldn't hold up to better teams. Thou doth protesteth too much...that 7 game win streak must've gotten under your skin.

LOL...who was "giddy?" Probably some of us enjoyed the first 7-0 start in 15 years, but, even with that, it was clear the team had inexperience and talent issues that wouldn't hold up to better teams. Thou doth protesteth too much...that 7 game win streak must've gotten under your skin.
That 7 game winning streak was a thing of beauty. It musta pissed you off that tommy Armstrong pulled off that feat, despite the coaching shortcoming
Unlike some fans that disparaged the nine win seasons under coach Pelini , i appreciated the 2016 team,

That 7 game winning streak was a thing of beauty. It musta pissed you off that tommy Armstrong pulled off that feat, despite the coaching shortcoming
Unlike some fans that disparaged the nine win seasons under coach Pelini , i appreciated the 2016 team,
Nine win seasons are what they are, OK football at Nebraska. At least 2016 teased us that there might be more to see, unlike the last few years of the prior regime where it was clear nothing more was under the hood and that the duck tape holding the engine together was beginning to peel.

Nine win seasons are what they are, OK football at Nebraska. At least 2016 teased us that there might be more to see, unlike the last few years of the prior regime where it was clear nothing more was under the hood and that the duck tape holding the engine together was beginning to peel.
But only if more players are killed, right?
Didnt you say something in another thread like they owe it to their teammates death which inspired them to play above their potential?

When was the last time NU actually got a player from Coffeyville? It has to have been a while.
As an ex Red Raven myself... CCC has not been the machine it was in the 80s and 90s... Butler, Blinn, Garden City, East Mississippi seem to be the ones putting out the athletes these days. Nebraska should have been scouring the JuCo ranks for the past 10 years.

The Riley hire will have been worth it (despite the disastrous results) if Frost comes in and kicks butt. This 3 year stretch has rid the program of the stench Bo left behind, it has given Frost a chance to cut his teeth at a mid-major and prove that he's ready for the next step, which he has, and it has allowed Scott time to establish recruiting ties in Florida and the Southeast to couple with his West Coast ties.

The possible recruiting holes will be Texas/Louisiana, Ohio/Pennsylvania/ New Jersey and the Midwest. I'm not sure who on his current staff works those areas, but if they're covered he'll be good to go. The next few weeks will be interesting for sure.
Seriously? The Bo stench? I was in favor of Bo going, but his teams never looked this bad. C’mon man.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back