• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Should Iowa consider letting Ferentz go? Or tell him it is time to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheBallGuy

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Iowa Hawkeyes (Big Ten Conference) <small>(1999–present)</small>
1999Iowa1–100–811th
2000Iowa3–93–58th
2001Iowa7–54–4T–4thW Alamo
2002Iowa11–28–0T–1stL Orange[SUP]†[/SUP]88
2003Iowa10–35–3T–4thW Outback88
2004Iowa10–27–1T–1stW Capital One88
2005Iowa7–65–3T–3rdL Outback
2006Iowa6–72–6T–8thL Alamo
2007Iowa6–64–4T–5th
2008Iowa9–45–3T–4thW Outback2020
2009Iowa11–26–2T–2ndW Orange[SUP]†[/SUP]77
2010Iowa8–54–4T–4thW Insight
2011Iowa7–64–44th <small>(Legends)</small>L Insight
2012Iowa4–72–5<small>(Legends)</small>
Iowa:100–7459–52
<small> National championship Conference title Conference division title</small>
<small>[SUP]†[/SUP]Indicates BCS bowl, Bowl Alliance or Bowl Coalition game. [SUP]#[/SUP]Rankings from final Coaches' Poll.
[SUP]°[/SUP]Rankings from final AP Poll.</small>

<tbody>
</tbody>
There last 3 years have been 8-5, 7-6 and 4-7 with 4-8 likely.

In 2010 you could say they were rebuilding but what do you say with 3 years in a row of negative momentum?

Ferentz has 3 10 wins seasons in a row from 2002-2004 but since then they have only had 1 10 win season and only 1 9 win season in 8 tries.

They are 58-44 the last 8 years; that is 56%.

His contract buyout is about 250K for every month remaining through its end in 2020.

There are 20 million reasons that Iowa is stuck with him.

His contract buyout is about 250K for every month remaining through its end in 2020.

There are 20 million reasons that Iowa is stuck with him.

Plus it's just Iowa, it's not as if they have any real football tradition anyway.

Last edited:
Two BCS berths after a 1-10 season to start. A lot of NFL players. Got caught up in some sort of tailback curse in recent seasons.

There are certainly some cracks in the program; but, he has a lot of equity built up.

Plus, the $20 million thing....

They'll keep him. Can't afford not too. This is the "dementia" that is Iowa football. They have one of their best decades in history and they want something they can't have. Better.

Plus it's just Iowa, it's not as if they have any real football tradition anyway.

I wouldn't say that. Most Hawkeye fans clearly remember being relevant in the B1G and nationally under Fry.

Personally, I want Iowa to be better. Both because I'm an Iowa alum (grad school) and it makes NU's season more interesting to have a challenge at the end, rather than the ho-hum matchup we have now.

I wouldn't say that. Most Hawkeye fans clearly remember being relevant in the B1G and nationally under Fry.

Personally, I want Iowa to be better. Both because I'm an Iowa alum (grad school) and it makes NU's season more interesting to have a challenge at the end, rather than the ho-hum matchup we have now.

What I've never understood is how Iowa fans think that merely being relevant counts as tradition.

Ferentz has played Iowa like a fiddle over the years. Every time he had a decent season his agent would float NFL rumors. Rumors that didn't make much sense. And every time Iowa would jack him up in salary. This guy makes over $4M a year. He's easily the most over paid coach in the country by a longshot. They could get similar results for less than half that. But because he has played them like he has it's nearly impossible to get rid of him. Their only hope is that he quits...which he won't do. Iowa is stuck with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back