• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Serious question...

Last year Nebraska was called for fewer penalties for fewer yards than its opponents. Whatever conspiracy y’all believe existed appears to be over.
Yep. We didn't seem to do much right in other phases of the game during Frost. Not sure why anyone would think we wouldn't be penalized a lot more than other teams when it is the part of the game that requires the most discipline.

1711131195351.jpeg

A Nebraska assistant pointed out in the pre-game presser that our conference opponents hadn't been called for offensive holding on a pass play in over two seasons. The TV announcers stated their shock and disbelief about this stat on the live national broadcast.

"My jaw hit the floor. I said, 'This can't be possible. You could call holding on almost every play!"

Oddly enough, the streak of non-calls came to an end that very day. Wow, what a coincidence!

Last edited:
View attachment 105829

A Nebraska assistant pointed out in the pre-game presser that our conference opponents hadn't been called for offensive holding on a pass play in over two seasons. The TV announcers stated their shock and disbelief about this stat on the live national broadcast.

"My jaw hit the floor. I said, 'This can't be possible. You could call holding on almost every play!"

Oddly enough, the streak of non-calls came to an end that very day. Wow, what a coincidence!
The Big loves them some coinkydinks

Well Rhule has reduced mistakes and penalties as well, much more disciplined than before
The s... with regards to penalties and TO's we have put up with under SF was ridiculous. Saw improvement with penalties this past season and in the upcoming one I expect we will be in the top half instead of bottom 10%. That should not be our aspiration but is a big step forward

Lack of talent and development, lack of emotional toughness, lack of defensive playmakers, a broken culture, horrific coaching, a bend but don't break D that rushed mostly three guys on passing plays had a lot to do with all these conspiracy theories. Let's face it it, we've sucked for far too long to blame the refs for anything.

I get it it, the 21 game streak is a headscratcher, but it represents #78 on the list of reasons we've been so bad for so long.

Amazing how a different staff can change the narrative in one season with improved variables (see above).

Lack of talent and development, lack of emotional toughness, lack of defensive playmakers, a broken culture, horrific coaching, a bend but don't break D that rushed mostly three guys on passing plays had a lot to do with all these conspiracy theories. Let's face it it, we've sucked for far too long to blame the refs for anything.

I get it it, the 21 game streak is a headscratcher, but it represents #78 on the list of reasons we've been so bad for so long.

Amazing how a different staff can change the narrative in one season with improved variables (see above).
Is that then piling on?

Gotta play better than the refs. Meaning, you have to play well enough that bad calls (or no-calls) don't matter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back