• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Serious question...

Lavaman

Rebel Scum
10 Year Member
Now that we're no longer the big dog newcomer in the conference, is there any chance they'll start calling holding on our opponents?

It'd be interesting to see a statistical analysis of those calls specifically for our new PAC brethren between last year and this upcoming year.

Now that we're no longer the big dog newcomer in the conference, is there any chance they'll start calling holding on our opponents?

It'd be interesting to see a statistical analysis of those calls specifically for our new PAC brethren between last year and this upcoming year.
Not sure here. If you osu or sometimes meatchicken, there is no holding.
I do know this, our dbs have had good success next level whereas other dbs from other Big teams seem to struggle.
While this doesn't seem to show up on the O line as much, there is some sort of pecking order it seems where some teams are allowed blatant holding.

jon-hamm-sure.gif

I can only imagine how much goes into being a high level ref. One that really delves in and becomes a subject matter expert in a lot of dang rules and interpretation. Then, to have seen enough football to be able to see a wide view and the flow of the play and make tough bang bang calls and apply the rules real time. Much to be respected with the good ones. Not easy to do.

They do make for memorable moments though good or bad.

I can only imagine how much goes into being a high level ref. One that really delves in and becomes a subject matter expert in a lot of dang rules and interpretation. Then, to have seen enough football to be able to see a wide view and the flow of the play and make tough bang bang calls and apply the rules real time. Much to be respected with the good ones. Not easy to do.

They do make for memorable moments though good or bad.
I'm so ashamed Westy couldnt have continued running the route on his butt cheeks....

nope, as much as its bad officiating for nebraska, they are all still contracted workers......

It's in the new teams' contract with the B1G that they can only be called for holding against Nebraska 1 time per 20 actual instances.

They didn't get the deal Michigan and Ohio State have where they can't be penalized at all against Nebraska*, but it's better than the other league teams' limit against us of 1 per 10 actual. The league office explained that's due to TV market size.

Remember, the provision in our contract with the B1G that says we can be penalized 5 extra times per game even if there was no actual foul only runs for another 36 years. So things will get better pretty soon.

* Not calling penalties by Ohio State and Michigan isn't actually in our contract, it's in the league rules. It's been in there since before we joined.

;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back