• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Selection Sunday

Beautiful. If there was ever a year to justify that, this would be it. And there were plenty of years not long ago when both you and I griped about the committee's negative bias toward the mid-majors.

This might be the least controversial year ever. Middle Tenn might be the most iffy but nobody that got left out really had an issue...they did it to themselves.

Same reason I can't be bent about a 7 seed (i think CU should have been a 6..especially compared to VCU at 5) but they had that stretch where they put themselves on the bubble.

Interesting seeing Bucknell as an 11 ... no one really talked about Bucknell all season ... yet, they do almost always make the Dance .... and I remember their upset over Kansas .... and for Bucknell to matchup up in their opening game against Butler ... interesting.

Belmont as a 13 ... that's the team you have heard about all season as a dark horse. Arizona in the first round.

He does make an interesting point.....'not who you played...not who did you beat....but who did you lose to'

At the end of the day you have to beat some teams on your schedule. The teams that Bilas is crying about getting left out DID beat some good teams. But they spent large parts of the season losing multiple games in a row. Success should be rewarded. Not just getting beat by a bunch of successful teams (Iowa, minn, etc.).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back