• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Selection Sunday

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
Fairly uneventful day as far as actual games. Mississippi who plays Florida is the only team playing today that appears on the bubble...one of lunardi's last 4 in. If you're a bubble team you're probably rooting for Florida to kick their butts. Other than that...personally I'll be rooting for Wisconsin...a Wisco win could give CU their only top 25 RPI win. Although at this point I'm doubting even that will change CU's seeding one way or another.

Should be interesting to see what the committee does with teams like Middle Tennessee, Lasalle, Boise. Lunardi has them all in the "last 4 in" and he has Virginia, Tennessee and Maryland in the last 4 out. Personally, I'll always root for the mid-majors to get the benefit of the doubt at the bottom of the bubble. Guys like Bilas and Phelps are always whining about SOS, RPI, etc. The weakness of the RPI though is that some teams are falsely rewarded simply for playing in a good conference. Minnesota, my whipping boy this year (sorry formo!), is a perfect example. This is a team who has finished 5-11...but since they play in the big 10 their RPI is fairly stellar...no regard for actually performing against that great schedule. It's really hard for teams like Middle Tenn to get their RPI up because nobody will play them. I just heard bilas say the only thing that matters is "Who did you play and who did you beat?" And he thinks the committtee shouldn't say "who is actually better" Well, jay...if nobody will play you and you win 28 games or 29 games...shouldn't that mean something? Shouldn't what you did in the last 10 games...15...20...matter?

Lunardi has Indiana, Gonzaga, Duke and Louisville as 1s. I don't see any #2 that I'd move up there. Personally, with duke getting Ryan Kelly back...that's probably one team I wouldn't want any part of right now. Louisville stomping their way through the Big East tourney and winning their last 10 and 13 of 14 (only loss a 5 OT game at ND) is the other 1 that you can probably pencil in for at least 3 wins in the tourney (kiss of death! :Biggrin:).

Personal teams of interest. Creighton obviously. I'm actually hopeful of a 6 seed. I know I'm only setting myself up for disappointment with that. If they get a 7 I fully expect them to get plugged into KC with a potential match up against Kansas...yay, another 2nd round road game (unc in charlotte last year) Oregon...I'll always be an Altman fan. I spent quite a few years defending his coaching ability here against those who said he was a failure at KSU and who said he was only whipping up on weak competition at CU. In year 3 he's got Oregon to 2nd place in the Pac 12 and conf. tourney winner. Not too shabby. Lunardi has them as a 9 right now.

Oregon with a 12 seed. Even with the conf. tourney win...tells me they were in danger of not making it without winning the tourney!

7 seed. Against Cincinatti. Do NOT like that potential match-up with Duke. Could have been better. Could have been worse. Don't know much about Cincy but I know they'll out-athlete CU. But that's not everything. Sounds like they struggled at the end of the eyar.

7 seed. Against Cincinatti. Do NOT like that potential match-up with Duke. Could have been better. Could have been worse. Don't know much about Cincy but I know they'll out-athlete CU. But that's not everything. Sounds like they struggled at the end of the eyar.

I think the jays have a tough road. That being said, no 10 seed was going to be easy. Hate the Duke matchup. Big opportunity, but McD is going to have his work cut out against Plumlee and Kelly.

I think the jays have a tough road. That being said, no 10 seed was going to be easy. Hate the Duke matchup. Big opportunity, but McD is going to have his work cut out against Plumlee and Kelly.

Looking at game results only and the "trend"...I'm not impressed with Cincy. But it will be a tough game. Beating duke would be a little tough. I think maybe I jinxed things saying Duke was the 1 team I didn't want any part of in the opening post! :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back