• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Selection Show 11AM CDT ESPN 2 (5/27/24) Huskers Headed To Stillwater

which may or may not mean a thing….

It’s Tourney time….

A lot of the conventional wisdom goes out the window.

Get in….get hot….avoid errors and mistakes is what matters.

Nebraska has the potential to beat anyone in a Tourney. Their starting pitching is that good.

Big Ten a weaker conference is true, But just 3 years ago we were 5 outs from eliminating the #1 team in the country. The very next year Michigan was 6 outs from winning the CWS.

It all boils down to who shows up….and stays hot.

Baseballs is so unpredictable.

My only World Series game was a Nationals vs Astros up in DC.

NO ONE gave the Nats a chance to win and they lost all three home games.

BUT they stayed focused….went to Houston and won all 4 away games at Houston’s home park.

Go figure….

Baseball is just crazy! I love it!

The kids are HOT right now….comparisons mean so little this time of year. Stay hot and we will surprise.

Here’s to hoping you are wrong. :thumbsup:

GBR!

Sure, I don't disagree with most of this, but playing top 10 teams and winning, does make a difference.

but yeah, I hope everyone can come back and quote my original post and say "This didn't age well". :)

Creighton played us extremely tough…won a series against a good Baseball school, Stanford in California….and had a ton of wins against much lesser competition….

And for some strange reason absolutely stunk against teams in their conference. (And it's not a “tough baseball conference”…)

A real head scratcher.

when they played us they appeared very competitive……

This is one of those areas Nebraska HAS to improve on for the future….the Mid week non conference games.

It's been our Kryptonite 3 years

Do you think it is a pitching strategy? I did not pay attention to a lot of mid-week games other than Creighton as my son went there and is a big fan :) So he got to rub dirt in my face all year but now I get the last laugh LOL !

Do you think it is a pitching strategy? I did not pay attention to a lot of mid-week games other than Creighton as my son went there and is a big fan :) So he got to rub dirt in my face all year but now I get the last laugh LOL !

Do you think it is a pitching strategy?
Their strategy is to seemingly throw a different pitcher every inning.

and for some strange reason that seems to work against us.

maybe they are “saving“ as many pitchers as possible for their weekend conference games. But when you look at their conference record….it was terrible.

i have never been able to figure it out. On paper we are a far deeper, more talented ball club year in and year out.

But they certainly have our number right now.

Their strategy is to seemingly throw a different pitcher every inning.

and for some strange reason that seems to work against us.

maybe they are “saving“ as many pitchers as possible for their weekend conference games. But when you look at their conference record….it was terrible.

i have never been able to figure it out. On paper we are a far deeper, more talented ball club year in and year out.

But they certainly have our number right now.
We just did not play well midweek period

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back