• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost vs Herm Edwards

Yeah, I think we will be more than pleased long term with Jurgens at C.

Agree, it is a tough ask for a guy to change from TE to C and start right away...then expect perfection. That said, i do think the snaps have hindered AM effectiveness as he has sometimes jumped to receive snaps that weren't all that bad. He had a stretch where he almost expected it to be errant.

Agree, it is a tough ask for a guy to change from TE to C and start right away...then expect perfection. That said, i do think the snaps have hindered AM effectiveness as he has sometimes jumped to receive snaps that weren't all that bad. He had a stretch where he almost expected it to be errant.
Wholeheartedly agree.

Only when there isn't a head up NT. He gets shaken by the constant pounding of a good NT.

He was low all night last week, rolled some back, and scattered them off center enough to not believe he's fixed anything yet. And that was without pressure.

Seven games at the position and as an offensive lineman. I’m going to grade the kid on a sliding scale. He’s obviously not ‘there’ yet, but he’s going to be good.

Actually everything you've based the OP on is NOT a parallel, but instead divergent pathways. However, I do appreciate your ability to troll the masses and get 4 pages out of a thinly veiled shot at the NU program.
Nothing but the truth here. You can choose to ignore if you want.

Actually everything you've based the OP on is NOT a parallel, but instead divergent pathways. However, I do appreciate your ability to troll the masses and get 4 pages out of a thinly veiled shot at the NU program.

What until the Scott Frost-vs-Lincoln Riley comparisons start.

First thought is to quit firing coaches that win 9 or 10 a year. Let’s see we’ve done that twice now. The football gods forgave us after paying penance with Callahan. They might not let us off so easy this go round.

Agree with #1.

I'm 50/50 on #2.

I triple dog agree with the bolded in #3. Always have...and it's my alma mater for grad school "you can take the boy out of Nebraska, but..."

On #2, I believe we would lose bigly. They are fast and they have really good receivers. I want no part of them!

ASU lost 21-3. The first time the Sun Devils were held under double digits since 2008. They had only 136 yards of offense.

Why do so many posters on this board categorize everyone into 2 buckets: 1) the loyal patient fan, and 2) the rest of us, who are seeking instant gratification? I’m not looking for instant gratification. I’m looking for signs of progress. Huskers have beaten very poor teams, and have played very poorly in every game except N. Illinois. When comparisons are made to other first/second year coaches showing progress; those comparisons can’t possibly be any good because everyone one of them inherited more talent, no conference can be as hard as the Big 10... I didn’t expect a B1G West this year, but I expected to see improvement. I don’t buy that Nebraska is the hardest team in the country to show progress as part of a turn around.

ASU lost 21-3. The first time the Sun Devils were held under double digits since 2008. They had only 136 yards of offense.

Utah played terrible and the weather didn’t help. I think they had 4 turnovers and tried to hand that game to the Scum Devils. I really thought ASU would win until they fumbled a punt return late in the 4thQ. Sooooo happy to see them lose. They get an improving UCLA team next week. Go Bruins!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back