• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

San Antonio Spurs

Yeah but come on ... San Antonio Texas ... AC is almost required in November ... it goes out on gameday and is not correctable?

Alamo Dome people need to get their stuff together!

The Spurs haven't played in the Alamo Dome for over 10 years. :) But yeah -- I'm not sure what the deal was last night.

The Spurs are the only recognizable "trait" to the old NBA (Jordan Era) that is alive. That's true basketball, not 90% offensive isolation plays, dunks, and ZERO defense. I'd give $1000 to watch the old Detroit Pistons beat the living crap out of almost ALL of the NBA teams of today. I'm sorry, but that product has gone downhill so fast its not even funny. If the players actually took pride in their defensive performance as much as they do when they make a basket or flashy play, then maybe it'd get better over a decade or two. Having been best friends with Kirk Heinrich since HS, i can tell you that it's gotten soft, to the point where even some of the players play that "softness" to their advantage. Players care about their image now more than their performance in their job that makes them millions. BLAHHHHH!!!!:thumbsdown:
To look back on the Detroit Pistons teams ... I hated Lambeer with a passion, Isiah Thomas was very unlikable to me (him being frozen out of the first ever Dream Team spoke volumes to me). Kelly Tripuka was a name from the pre-bad boy days was hated cause he was from Notre Dame.

Hard not to like Dumars, Vinnie Johnson and a pre-psycho Rodman but the team as a whole was brought thuggery up to a whole new level!

I'm not a huge NBA fan... but I do pay attention more that most here, I'm sure.

Since moving to Texas, the only Texas team (all sports, all levels) I've truly grown to appreciate is the San Antonio Spurs. They are simply a class organization, with a collection of solid basketball players minus the apparent egos that so many NBA stars have. Not to mention arguably the greatest head coach in all of professional sports -- Gregg Popovich. Oh, and their team salary ranks 20th in the NBA. They are the ultimate "team," in that they are truly unselfish players who are in the mix every single season -- for quite a few years now. And it's hard not too root for the old guys in Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili. Those three have played together for 12 years. That's unheard of in today's professional sports world. Tonight, they are well on their way to winning their 111th playoff game as a trio. An all-time NBA record.

Go Spurs!

Right on HWM Go Spurs

Great win by the Heat!! So many home calls, the Spurs still couldn't cry their win to a win. Oh, and Parker? Talk about a whiner and a faker!

No wonder Eva Longoria dumped him! :Notice how he loves to be coddled by Duncan? :popcorn: ;) ;)

I'm a huge NBA fan, but the officiating is frustrating, to put it mildly.

There is no consistency whatsoever.

I'm a huge NBA fan, but the officiating is frustrating, to put it mildly.

There is no consistency whatsoever.
I agree with this, although I don't envy the officials because I think it's hard to get right.

Lebron's block on Duncan, that he got the technical for arguing, was super clean. On the other hand if you're ever going to call a hallhandler for pushing off or throwing elbows, you should probably call that on Lebron every time he drives.

Last edited:
The refs gave the biggest cry baby I've ever seen in James the games. They wanted to make sure the heat won. Way to Fantom foul on Manu and put him out of the game. So many bogus calls n James crying every time. He fouls so much n no calls. Clearly a foul on Duncan when he got a T. They let James push off to get his shots off. Should be 2-0 and over. Only the NBA will decide the outcomes of games

The biggest thing missing from games 1 & 2 was Kawai Leonard. Stay on the floor (out of foul trouble) to play defense and exploit the matchups resulting from the obsession with stopping Parker. Post the stat lines for just Duncan, Parker and Ginobli from this game and most would've expected it to be from a Spurs loss.

The biggest thing missing from games 1 & 2 was Kawai Leonard. Stay on the floor (out of foul trouble) to play defense and exploit the matchups resulting from the obsession with stopping Parker. Post the stat lines for just Duncan, Parker and Ginobli from this game and most would've expected it to be from a Spurs loss.

That's the Spurs for you. They have 6-7 players that are capable of putting up 20+ points. There is no more balanced team in the NBA. There is no better passing team in the NBA. Unselfish. They play basketball the way it should be played.

And Leonard's night ... absolutely amazing. Not only his 29 points (career high, both in college and the pros), but his agressive, intense defense on Lebron, like maybe no one else can. To play with that much energy on both ends is insanely impressive.

Last edited:
lCdtuDV.jpg

Any basketball fan should really watch this series. The game hasn't been this fun to watch at any level since Jordan was playing, in my opinion.

Spurs are up 13 in the 2nd quarter of game 4. Win this, and the series might as well be over. That said, I kinda think the Heat are far from done. Regardless, to this point, it's been yet another basketball clinic by the Spurs. Unselfish passing and ball movement leading to uncontested shots.

There's no way the NBA wants the Spurs to win this series in 5 games. I kinda think Miami still has a very good chance to win tonight -- even if the officiating makes it happen. ;)

Last edited:
I may have been wrong with my assumption in the last post that Miami would get back in this game. The Spurs are absolutely dominating.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back