• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Runningbacks: Primary Back or By Committee?

We'll see. Have you checked the number of plays UCF ran per game vs what we did last year? You' might be VERY surprised.
Just looked it up and you are right not that many more PPG average. pretty surprising. I did notice though that they got 2 more yards per play then we do. Add that to the ~7 more plays per game and you end up with 145 more yards per game. Add to that an average of 8 more rushing plays per game with again almost 2 yards more per carry. You could still get 2, 100 yard rushers. For the record that is almost 100 yards more per game.

Just looked it up and you are right not that many more PPG average. pretty surprising. I did notice though that they got 2 more yards per play then we do. Add that to the ~7 more plays per game and you end up with 145 more yards per game. Add to that an average of 8 more rushing plays per game with again almost 2 yards more per carry. You could still get 2, 100 yard rushers. For the record that is almost 100 yards more per game.

good stuff. Thanks.

meant to say 1000 yard rushers

It's possible to get 3, if you count the QB. That said, I think we will be passing far too much to get more than 1 thousand yard rusher.

If I were a wagering kind of guy, I'd wager Ziggy has more yards at the end of the year than Bryant. I think Tre is a stud, and he has done an amazing job coming back, but I just don't see his body holding up. Ziggy on the other hand has been working hard at becoming less of a sledgehammer, and more of a 22 oz hammer.

With Frost’s comments today on Washington I wouldn’t be shocked to see him emerge as our bell cow back.

“Maurice has made probably a dozen big plays, spectacular plays.” Almost sounds like a Trump quote. :Lol:

Hopefully he can stay on the right track academically.

Last edited:
If I were a wagering kind of guy, I'd wager Ziggy has more yards at the end of the year than Bryant. I think Tre is a stud, and he has done an amazing job coming back, but I just don't see his body holding up. Ziggy on the other hand has been working hard at becoming less of a sledgehammer, and more of a 22 oz hammer.
Killins had the most carries for UCF Last year at 122. That's 10 carries a game on average not counting the bowl game. Tre will hold up just fine if he averages in that same range.

EDIT: My bad. That 122 does count the bowl game. So it is even less than ten.

Last edited:
Doubt you see a back next year that has more than 15 carries in a game, which is fine with me.

With Frost’s comments today on Washington I wouldn’t be shocked to see him emerge as our bell cow back.

“Maurice has made probably a dozen big plays, spectacular plays.” Almost sounds like a Trump quote. :Lol:

Hopefully he can stay on the right track academically.
Our backs will run "Bigly"

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back