• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rogue One

howsoon99

Starter
10 Year Member
So I saw this today, and was good. Hated some parts of it. But that was the nerd in me but overall I suggest it as it was good.

Big spoiler though:
The Empire builds a gigantic weapon known as the Death Star.
The Rebels get the plans to the Death Star.

;)

So I saw this today, and was good. Hated some parts of it. But that was the nerd in me but overall I suggest it as it was good.

Big spoiler though:
The Empire builds a gigantic weapon known as the Death Star.
The Rebels get the plans to the Death Star.

;)

Not "Mega Maid"?

"Suck...
Suck...
Suck...
Suck..."

Enjoyed Darth at the end. The rest of it I found a bit bland. I didn't really like any of the characters. I think one reason I loved the force awakens is because Han solo was in it so much.

I liked it, it was entertaining. It reminded me of a WWll mission movie behind enemy lines. Kind of a Dirty Dozen meets Guns of Navarron.

I think the lack of likable characters is part of the point, and it was a 1 off movie.

I didn't care for it. I was bored. The last 30 mins were OK, and Vader tore the rebels a new ass in that time, but overall, I'd give it 5 out of 10. Maybe 4 out of 10.

Very dull. And it looked like Governor Tarkin fell down the Uncanny Valley.

sub-buzz-30448-1482172045-12.png

Just saw it today. Darth Vader made the movie for me at the end. I liked the tall Robot, he was funny. Can't remember his name. Overall just ok. I'm getting old at 42. These are simply not as good as 4,5 and 6. Will continue to go with my son. We have seen them all.

I didn't care for it. I was bored. The last 30 mins were OK, and Vader tore the rebels a new ass in that time, but overall, I'd give it 5 out of 10. Maybe 4 out of 10.

Very dull. And it looked like Governor Tarkin fell down the Uncanny Valley.
I just saw the movie today, and I have to agree. There was a crap ton of filler, just to get to the final 30 minutes or so. I kept checking my phone to see when the movie might be over. It was so here, then there, then in the future, then how did she end up in prison, why were they moving her, how did the Rebel Alliance know they were moving her? Blah Blah Blah. I was very disappointed and bored as well.

I just saw the movie today, and I have to agree. There was a crap ton of filler, just to get to the final 30 minutes or so. I kept checking my phone to see when the movie might be over. It was so here, then there, then in the future, then how did she end up in prison, why were they moving her, how did the Rebel Alliance know they were moving her? Blah Blah Blah. I was very disappointed and bored as well.
Maybe I need to see it again. I mean, I think Daddy Urso's story might have been more interesting than Jyn Urso's. But we barely see him.

What was his internal conflict while working on the death Star? How did that come about? That might have been interesting.

Saw VII and this one with my daughter. The entire Star Wars story has a lot of strong female lead characters; I didn't think about that for the first six until watching with a young daughter who I hope grows up to be a strong leader...

Maybe I need to see it again. I mean, I think Daddy Urso's story might have been more interesting than Jyn Urso's. But we barely see him.

What was his internal conflict while working on the death Star? How did that come about? That might have been interesting.
The movie jumped all over the place. How I saw it, he decided he would stay alive, pretend to and actually build the death star, but put the back door way to destruction that only a select few would be able to discover and he named it after his nickname for his daughter, Stardust. Past that, the movie just lagged and was boring.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back