• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Riley was brought here to end this type of loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillysker

Scout Team
5 Year Member
I am not trolling to start anything as I have turned the corner on Riley to acceptance. And I know last night had way too many moving parts to explain. But how do the people who slammed the prior coach for this type of loss reconcile the worst loss since 70-10 to Texas Tech that occurred last night? I am looking for civility and hoping we can finish 3-0.

No one is cutting Riley slack for this loss. It's a big black mark on his record, and, if after 4 years he's been boat-raced a few more times he will be gone. However, his biggest loss to this point has been 10 points. When you consider that Riley inherited less talent than Boy Blunder and then had to clean up his soiled mess when he pouted his way out the door it's pretty amazing this hasn't happened sooner. But, it's no surprise that those of your ilk would come out of the woodwork once it did happen.

1. The Riley hire brought big schematic changes on both sides of the ball and massive cultural changes within the program.

2. We're a better team this year than we were last year and we look to be bringing some talent in on the recruiting trail.

3. I'm not willing to crown Riley as the next great Husker coach yet but, on the flip side, I'm not going to freak out because of some ugly growing pains. Year 4 or 5 will give us a better read for whether or not the Riley era is a success.

Weird, I thought he was brought here because the last guy wore out his welcome as a combative, stubborn, crass jackhole who embarrassed the university with his antics.

Frankly, if we're going to be a perennially slightly above average 9 win team with an annual signature blowout I'd rather do that under HCMR 1000x than what's his name. At least my friends from around the country have stopped asking--"Hey what's up with that coach of yours?"

I think NU will end up way better than that from what I'm seeing from a culture and recruiting standpoint.

Last edited:
No one is cutting Riley slack for this loss. It's a big black mark on his record, and, if after 4 years he's been boat-raced a few more times he will be gone. However, his biggest loss to this point has been 10 points. When you consider that Riley inherited less talent than Boy Blunder and then had to clean up his soiled mess when he pouted his way out the door it's pretty amazing this hasn't happened sooner. But, it's no surprise that those of your ilk would come out of the woodwork once it did happen.

Lookie there...another troll surfaces after weeks of more or less silence.

Rome wasn't built in a day, richard

Agree. However, just don't use the word stupid to describe their posts.

Some of them are very sensitive! ;)

I am not trolling to start anything as I have turned the corner on Riley to acceptance. And I know last night had way too many moving parts to explain. But how do the people who slammed the prior coach for this type of loss reconcile the worst loss since 70-10 to Texas Tech that occurred last night? I am looking for civility and hoping we can finish 3-0.
Because its the prior coaches players

Pure Bs. You are one excuse laden fellow.

Pure Bs. You are one excuse laden fellow.

Speaking of pure BS. No excuses here, pal. That was a pathetic performance and all involved are to blame. Not sure what you don't understand about that, though it seems you don't understand a lot of things.

Speaking of pure BS. No excuses here, pal. That was a pathetic performance and all involved are to blame. Not sure what you don't understand about that, though it seems you don't understand a lot of things.

Maybe its when you start in on your Bo excuses for justifying Riley's issues. You must really love that Bo guy. He's giving you four years of excuses. Of course.......you can probably milk it for 5 or 6. :Lol:

Maybe its when you start in on your Bo excuses for justifying Riley's issues. You must really love that Bo guy. He's giving you four years of excuses. Of course.......you can probably milk it for 5 or 6. :Lol:

You are so incredibly clueless. I gave the Boy Blunder 4 years just like I'm going to give Riley. I certainly won't be making excuses in Riley's 7th year like you and many others were for the knuckle-dragger.

There are no excuses for last night. That said, many of the things you call excuses regarding Riley are just perspective, which is something you're sorely lacking. If Riley plateaus after this season like your hero did then I will be the first one on his porch with my pitchfork in year 4. Is that really so hard to understand? Oh wait, I'm sure it probably is.

A loss like last night's is inexcusable. We had many inexcusable losses under Pelini. Pelini was having them 5+ years into his tenure. Riley had his in his 2nd year. I did not expect him to have the program running at an elite level in his 2nd year. That isn't enough time.

The team needs to be better. We were out-coached, out-talented and out-played and need to do whatever we can to try and prevent those three things from happening again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back