• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule Interview on Bussin' with the Boys

I love what MR is putting down. I really hope he is successful because he's a high character guy. He wasn't at the top of my "get" list for the next HC, but every time I listen to him, I'm glad we got him. Trev delivered.

As for the knuckle draggin' Bussin' Boys, they make me laugh. I don't listen to them for serious or in depth news, but they are comic relief and do actually ask some good questions.

I wasnt offended, but the boys need to clean up their language if they ever want this thing to get much bigger. If they wanna go to the next level, gotta have a bit more polish, and a little less street talk.
Was great to see MR in a diff enviornment, the guys had some great questions for him.
Really liked how coach came across

Enjoyed the episode and I am also not a fan of the show but this was okay. Another good watch is the latest DocTalk podcast with Dr Rob's bro, Jon, talking about his son Isaac's recruiting experience with NU and his decision to commit to NDSU.

I wasnt offended, but the boys need to clean up their language if they ever want this thing to get much bigger. If they wanna go to the next level, gotta have a bit more polish, and a little less street talk.
Was great to see MR in a diff enviornment, the guys had some great questions for him.

Disagree with this. Many of the top podcasters drop f bombs on the regular. A lot of people really respond to the authentic approach. There’s a place for both polished and more “raw.” I appreciate both.

I don't think it's the f bombs, it's sillier things like "my favorite emoji is the eggplant". I have a very juvenile sense of humor but even I thought that part was immature and just dumb for what they're doing.

Watched it twice - I wanted to observe Coach Rhule. See if anything he said in the past was inconsistent with what he was saying on the show. It wasn't, seems "honest". Was very impressed, his communication skills are very good. The most interesting discussion was on his Firing from Carolina. It's Great when someone owns up to failure, learn from it, and move on. Everything he has done (so far) is trending positive. Hope this direction continues and shows up ON THE FIELD!

Last edited:
Disagree with this. Many of the top podcasters drop f bombs on the regular. A lot of people really respond to the authentic approach. There’s a place for both polished and more “raw.” I appreciate both.
Absolutely true. Was talking about this episode with my son. (He's 25 in PT School). I told him I don't listen much to podcasts etc. After saying that I'm an old fart in a round about way, he said that guys 18-30 are big on these. Especially Barstool sports. He said him and all his buddies are in the 'mobile world'. All of them listen to these podcast while driving, hanging out, studying, showering, and even when they are taking a dookey. (Son used the other term of course). No one of his generation sits around and watches the Sports opinion shows on ESPN etc.. anymore. The boring narratives and 'old guys' they have just doesn't connect with that generation. To Bleedin's point, the authentic and raw approach is what keeps them engaged. They love these things.

Last edited:

Loved the show. I liked Pelinis as well. I think that they are getting better. Definitely not mainstream, but I'm not too certain that's what they are looking for. As for our Coach. Loved how he answered and how he communicated his position. I think Trev did us a solid and did what it took to get Matt Rhule to be our long term solution at coach

Absolutely true. Was talking about this episode with my son. (He's 25 in PT School). I told him I don't listen much to podcasts etc. After saying that I'm an old fart in a round about way, he said that guys 18-30 are big on these. Especially Barstool sports. He said him and all his buddies are in the 'mobile world'. All of them listen to these podcast while driving, hanging out, studying, showering, and even when they are taking a dookey. (Son used the other term of course). No one of his generation sits around and watches the Sports opinion shows on ESPN etc.. anymore. The boring narratives and 'old guys' they have just doesn't connect with that generation. To Bleedin's point, the authentic and raw approach is what keeps them engaged. They love these things.
I'm old, I didn't even know what the Hell a podcast is until recently,

The podcast was interesting, its probably not something I'd watch again unless there was someone I was really wanting to listen to. They asked very solid questions and I enjoyed the experiences they added on to after MR answered or during his answering process. But as a prior poster said, the emoji thing was a bit immature but I get it, its the end of the podcast and they wanted some comic relief before the shut it down. That part just didn't appeal to me. But I wont condemn them for it either. I thought the 90% content piece was well worth the listen, probably more so than most paid articles on the internet.

MR is just a very genuine guy, who is very transparent about himself and his coaching. But he doesn't coach speak and stay relatively vague when answering questions. He'll tell it how it is, even if its correcting something negative about himself (being fired from carolina).

IMO their best segments in all of their episodes are when they just talk football. They tend to go way more in depth than the usual show. There’s “X’s and O’s”, the daily nfl grind, and a lot more. Including a few eggplant emojis of course though.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back