• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rhule Interview on Bussin' with the Boys

Matt Rhule is a walking catchphrase / sound clip. I used a comment from early on in this segment to theme this entire video around. With that in mind, I can't listen to every interview...so if anyone ever hears a quote from HCMR feel free to PM me!

Half tempted to watch, as I enjoy listening to Matt Rhule. :nod:

But I really can't stand the "bussin' boys."
Same. I watched this and the Pelini interview but in general, those guys are hard to watch. And I don't mind the cussing but the best question in that whole interview came from one of their producers who asked about playing for Joe Pa. They ask like Chris Farley interview questions.

Yeah, the F bombs are overdone, but maybe the fact that I say that means I'm old. :oops:
giphy.gif

I've been listening to this on my drives to and from work. Finally finished. Matt Rhule is so interesting to listen to. He has a cohesive and sensible rationale for everything he's doing. I loved his explanation for why he hired the assistants he chose. I loved his frank assessment of being fired in the NFL. Its hard to listen to him for long and not start to get fired up for where things are going. I suspect players and prospective players feel the same way.

I've never heard of Bussin' with the Boys before this, but after that episode ended it rolled into another one. It became truly bizarre. I felt like I was eavesdropping on some kind of sports betting cult. Sadly, it was former Husker Will Compton who led the listeners in some weird bastardized version of the Serenity Prayer, but seemingly trying to get God to help you win your bets. Then he gave a bizarre pep talk about believing in yourself, etc, but about making sports bets. It was an open window into magical thinking, exactly what gambling addicts do. I felt really uncomfortable with the whole segment.

If you've ever had a close friend who struggled with compulsive gambling, this was like a podcast segment where they can congregate and encourage each other to make bad decisions. I was hoping for some analysis of the games, but it seemed to be more about "if you just believe your team is going to win hard enough, they'll win and you'll win money".

Contrast Rhule's "There's something in that locker room" to Deion's "hit the portal now 'cause we comin'" Which would you rather hear as a player? I hope Rhule suceeds here and sticks around for a long time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back