• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Rest In Peace Joyce Durand - The Sidetrack Band

The Lummox

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
Joyce Passed away today. She was a Home Game Day fixture since the 1970's. She was a great friend and she will be missed. I cannot imagine how many Husker Fans saw the band perform.
40516964_10217183214001101_7565068946072666112_o.jpg

Never got to see them...However that band is for sure part of Husker Lore. Welcome to Husker heaven where Irving Friar always makes the catch in the 83 Orange Bowl.

She & the band were the best. brought several friends up from Oklahoma over the years; last time in 2009 & we actually slept above the sidetracks....which I wouldn’t recommend for the faint of heart though my sooner buddies loved it. Anyway After a long Friday night, I remember waking up in a fog to her singing the Mark May tune. Went downstairs, for breakfast bloodies & red beer which started the morning off right. Several hours later we beat OU in a defensive battle. Probably took a few years off my life but a Glorious weekend! RIP Joyce!

Too many memories and a sad day. Now that I think about it there were probably many memories I forgot due to over indulging. RIP Joyce and sing with the angels!

Man.... 2020 continues to be brutal.
She was awesome and along the journey I’ve had a few great conversations with her.
Cheers Joyce

Every Husker flag should be lowered to half staff...….

So many memories from the mid 90's with that place. Literally can picture and hear her sing Dear Old Nebraska U.

1994 National Championship game post celebration at that place and others on 0 street as well as the after parties....one of the best nights of my life.

RIP Joyce.........the best there ever was........... so many memories!!!! NOBODY did it better and ever will..........end of an era!!! We love you Joyce

Well, crap.
This getting old stuff is for the birds.
The last time I saw "The Sidetrack Band" play was two years ago at that new bar that's in the old Trailways bus terminal. They were still doing a great job.
I made a point that day to go up and personally thank her for all the great times over the years. She was so touched, she almost shed a tear. With today's news, I'm glad I took the time to do it.
The Sidetrack the night before the game...but also morning of...was a tradition back in the 1990s. Memories that I shall always cherish. Rest in peace, Joyce. You'll be greatly missed.
Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.04.50 PM.png

Well, crap.
This getting old stuff is for the birds.
The last time I saw "The Sidetrack Band" play was two years ago at that new bar that's in the old Trailways bus terminal. They were still doing a great job.
I made a point that day to go up and personally thank her for all the great times over the years. She was so touched, she almost shed a tear. With today's news, I'm glad I took the time to do it.
The Sidetrack the night before the game...but also morning of...was a tradition back in the 1990s. Memories that I shall always cherish. Rest in peace, Joyce. You'll be greatly missed.
View attachment 55401
Single Barrel - I saw them a couple times last season, and every Saturday the previous season. RIP.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back