• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Resident Alien

Anyone else watching this new show on SYFY? They’ve only aired 4 episodes, but I think it’s one of the funniest shows I’ve seen for a long time. The writing is brilliant, and Alan Tudyk has the most incredible facial expressions since Jim Carrey. Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar from the Super Trooper movies.
I'll check it out. Alan Tudyk is always fun.

Was trying to catch up last night and the dvr had quit recording 20 minutes into episode 5 :mad:

anyway, it’s getting better and better.

So far I never tuned in SYFY network. Commercial free? I hate ads .....
SYFY ..... first time tuned in. Damn, commercials :mad:. Bad. Plus occasionally, dreaded "buffering"..... first experience (Roku). Most of the time, Hulu live, NetFlix and Prime Video (Amazon)

Dropped SYFY network

Last edited:
Anyone else watching this new show on SYFY? They’ve only aired 4 episodes, but I think it’s one of the funniest shows I’ve seen for a long time. The writing is brilliant, and Alan Tudyk has the most incredible facial expressions since Jim Carrey. Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar from the Super Trooper movies.

I don't know how I missed this show, but its awesome. Season 3 is airing now on SyFy, but the entire series is on Netflix right now. I just finished watching season one. Hilarious! Alan Tudyk is a national treasure! The rest of the cast was funny too. And the serious and heartfelt moments of drama were good too.

RA-TIB-115-101061-MF.jpg

I don't know how I missed this show, but its awesome. Season 3 is airing now on SyFy, but the entire series is on Netflix right now. I just finished watching season one. Hilarious! Alan Tudyk is a national treasure! The rest of the cast was funny too. And the serious and heartfelt moments of drama were good too.

RA-TIB-115-101061-MF.jpg
Thanks for the heads up on season three

Netflix’s new sci-fi comedy-drama just crashed the top 10 — and it’s 97% on Rotten Tomatoes

The show in question is called “Resident Alien” and after debuting on SyFy in 2021, its move over to Netflix has exposed this very underrated show to even more viewers. “Resident Alien” has been on Netflix for less than a week and is already ranked as the No. 2 most-watched show on the streaming platform.

Last edited:
Netflix’s new sci-fi comedy-drama just crashed the top 10 — and it’s 97% on Rotten Tomatoes

The show in question is called “Resident Alien” and after debuting on SyFy in 2021, its move over to Netflix has exposed this very underrated show to even more viewers. “Resident Alien” has been on Netflix for less than a week and is already ranked as the No. 2 most-watched show on the streaming platform.
Need to tell my daughter one more time. She has Netflix

I'm all caught up now. Watched the first 2 seasons on Netflix, and watched E1 of S3 on Syfy.

Show is still very good, in every category: comedy, drama, mystery.

The comedy is sometimes silly, and the characters are becoming caricatures of themselves (which happens often in comedy series), but still pretty good writing.

There has been some good character development in the second season, but what was pleasantly unexpected throughout the entire series is the sincere poignant and sometimes blunt musings by the narrator regarding the many different aspects of humanity and what it means to be human: family, friendships, a sense of belonging, a sense of purpose, different ways to view death, what is "right", what is "wrong", etc. Lots of emotions. And all wrapped around Alan's goofy, cynical, and misanthropic alien character, which makes this show so entertaining. So many one liners. LOL

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back