• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

I'm trying to just put it all on God (that's really all I can do). But Lord, right now my big concern is her neurological state. I know You have it all under control. "Do not be afraid; only believe, and she will be made well" (Luke 8:50).

Neuro doctor came to visit just before rounds. They'll be taking Steph for another CT scan, and also EEG to check brain function. LORD, may I ask for one more miracle?
Ask and believe! Your faith is strong and a witness to all. You will probably never know in this life the people you are witnessing to. One day, prayerfully a long time away, you will be greeted in heaven by someone who says “Your witness led me to find Christ in my life! Thank you!”

I was reading ... or rather trying to catch up on my Upper Room tonight and there was a verse from the Old Testament that reminded me of you, Elwood, and this thread.

It’s probably not exactly in context with the scriptures from 2 Kong’s 2:9 where Elisha responds to Elijah ‘Please let me inherit a double portion of your Spirit.’ You & Steph are obviously witnessing to All your great faith & spirit. God Bless.

Did the EEG after lunch. Should know results tomorrow. Did the CT scan at end of day. After coming back from CT scan, Steph was opening her eyes a bit. She did respond to stimuli, and calling her name a little bit. Still she's too out of it to really respond to commands. Hoping she still has some of the sedatives stored up in her system that need to wear off. This could be a huge mountain to climb... Doing it with Jesus.

At least, more baby steps. Steph did have a good day (and busy), and it's great news that she can take a trip with the portable vent without serious concerns. Taking our blessings one at a time!

Did the EEG after lunch. Should know results tomorrow. Did the CT scan at end of day. After coming back from CT scan, Steph was opening her eyes a bit. She did respond to stimuli, and calling her name a little bit. Still she's too out of it to really respond to commands. Hoping she still has some of the sedatives stored up in her system that need to wear off. This could be a huge mountain to climb... Doing it with Jesus.

At least, more baby steps. Steph did have a good day (and busy), and it's great news that she can take a trip with the portable vent without serious concerns. Taking our blessings one at a time!

Awesome. One Blessing at a time ... sounds like a fine helping my friend. Hang in there.

You know, I just feel the hand of God (His protection and PEACE THAT SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING) in everything I do. Through it all, I rejoice that I am considered worthy to suffer hardship in order that the Name of Jesus would be glorified!

Think for a moment what you are providing to countless others as they read - many of us daily - of the journey you and Steph are walking with Christ. In your words lies the conviction of your strong Faith and your realization that the entirety of this journey ultimately rest in God's hands ... there is immense power in all of it, not only for you but also for the many lives you are touching.

Isn't it ironic? You reached out for prayer, because you understand the power it holds, and in return you are giving equally to those who are supporting you.

And God Bless the caregivers who are at Steph's side. They are such a gift.

Think for a moment what you are providing to countless others as they read - many of us daily - of the journey you and Steph are walking with Christ. In your words lies the conviction of your strong Faith and your realization that the entirety of this journey ultimately rest in God's hands ... there is immense power in all of it, not only for you but also for the many lives you are touching.

Isn't it ironic? You reached out for prayer, because you understand the power it holds, and in return you are giving equally to those who are supporting you.

AMEN brother.

Perfect.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back