• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Requesting Prayers for my Wife (updated 2023 - see p. 78)

Steph got her trach and PEG today -- praise God, it all went well! This is a goal we've been waiting and praying for! Obviously she still has a long way to go, but I feel like getting the tube out of her mouth will make a huge difference in her recovery. (In case you're wondering, she's still on the ventilator; it just hooks into her neck instead of through her mouth.) Before the procedure, she was coming off of sedation a little, just enough to express a little discomfort when they were swabbing her mouth. And when her nurse and I were talking about her, she gave us a little "yawn". Her kidneys and lungs are still in bad shape, but at least God is giving us signs that she's on the right path. She will still be sedated for a while so she can rest up and heal. Maybe start to wake her on Sunday (God willing).

Continuing to pray and praise God for His grace and healing power!

Steph got her trach and PEG today -- praise God, it all went well! This is a goal we've been waiting and praying for! Obviously she still has a long way to go, but I feel like getting the tube out of her mouth will make a huge difference in her recovery. (In case you're wondering, she's still on the ventilator; it just hooks into her neck instead of through her mouth.) Before the procedure, she was coming off of sedation a little, just enough to express a little discomfort when they were swabbing her mouth. And when her nurse and I were talking about her, she gave us a little "yawn". Her kidneys and lungs are still in bad shape, but at least God is giving us signs that she's on the right path. She will still be sedated for a while so she can rest up and heal. Maybe start to wake her on Sunday (God willing).

Continuing to pray and praise God for His grace and healing power!
Romans 13:11
And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

Thanks for the update Elwood. Continued prayers for both you and Steph.

"Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
Acts 4:30 NIV

Not too much to update today. Steph had a pretty good day, and the Huskers won, so we'll take it! She has a low grade fever today; they found she has a Staph infection, and put her on antibiotics. They had taken her off the CRRT (continuous dialysis) yesterday morning, so she had been off of it for 24 hours; the phrenologist determined she could do hemodialysis (intermittent) today for 3 hours to meet the goals. Her vent settings overall have slightly come down, although the last 3 nights, she has needed a little more vent help after they've turned her (apparently she gets a little worked up over that). They had talked about weaning her off of sedation a little starting on Sunday, though we will wait and see how that goes.

Appreciate everyone's continued prayers! God is good!

Oh, and I had a good conversation with the dialysis tech today, about herbal remedies / preventive medicine for COVID. She recommended making tea from turmeric, ginger, garlic, and lemon (and if you can find it, a Haitian herb called Cerasee), in addition to elderberry syrup, multi-vitamins, zinc, and melatonin. She said she had contracted COVID a few months ago, and before she knew she had it, she attended a BBQ with 3 other families. Two of the families got covid, but the 3rd did not -- because they were taking the above items. So just FYI...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back