• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Reloading Forum

jikastew

15 Year Member
Figured it might be nice to have a thread for those who reload shotshell or rifle.

I accidently poured powder into my shot canister today. First time I've ever done that. Honestly, I'm surprised it took me so long. Anyhoo, back up and running for shotshell this year. Feels good. Actually, it's never felt better given the prices for a box anymore.

On the rifle front, after 18 months, I finally found primers for large rifle and mag rifle. That press will need a good once over. It's been awhile. Again, it's going to feel good getting my rounds back in my guns.

For those who reload shotshells.......how many loads have you gotten from the Federal Golds? I've seen alot of comments about one and done on the reloading front and others who get 3-4 reloads. I loaded about 50 this last week after scrounging some 250 up at the range that weren't rained on. I suppose if they look good and crimp fine, I'll give them another go.

Last edited:
I want to ask, where can a guy get primers? But I know the answer. Either somebody's buddy has some hidden away in his garage, or if it's online, they're gone by the time you find out about them.

I want to ask, where can a guy get primers? But I know the answer. Either somebody's buddy has some hidden away in his garage, or if it's online, they're gone by the time you find out about them.
I went 18 months without finding any. Then I walked into Scheels at opening a couple Saturdays ago and walked into a bunch of shotshell primers and large rifle mag primers. It's just luck. I'm guessing they were gone in less than an hour. I think shotshell primers are getting more available as Scheels had a couple more boxes last week when I took my Franchi back in. I don't have many large rifle primers left but now have a boatload of large rifle mag primers, so it's 7mmRM for me for awhile. I erred in my original message and meant to type shotshell and large rifle mag primers. I haven't seen normal large rifle primers, again, for 18+ months. There are small rifle primers to be found at Cabelas/BassPro. Handgun primers are rare but they pop up at Cabelas/BassPro every now and then.

I'll also add, don't fall for the random companies online offering primers. Those are scams. Of course, when they want you to pay via Venmo, that's pretty much tell-tale.

Last edited:
I'll also add, don't fall for the random companies online offering primers. Those are scams. Of course, when they want you to pay via Venmo, that's pretty much tell-tale.
I almost fell for one...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back