• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Finally (Thought) I Found Primers

Elwood von Kiowa

Major Fongbomb
10 Year Member
So I've been wanting to get into reloading for a few years. Finally last December (when there was no ammo on shelves) I started buying the equipment. Had brass; bullets easy to find. Couldn't get suitable powder 'til about a month ago. Never did find primers (except on a Canadian website, which does me no good).

Finally last night I did a DuckDuckGo on "Winchester primers" and discovered a site with beaucoup primers in stock!

Barrelammodepot.com

Everything seemed legit; site apparently founded by a couple vets. I overlooked a couple of typos and grammatical errors because, hey, it's a couple vets doing us freedom-loving Americans a great service, right? Filled my cart with everything I needed, amazingly all in stock! Then I went to check out, and something didn't feel right. They talked about doing such great work for their customers in their home state of Florida, but the warehouse address was in Texas. The shipping estimator defaulted to TX, and amazingly the shipping costs were $20 no matter where they shipped. And no hazmat fee! Then when it got to payment time, it looked like they would only accept Zelle payments (no credit cards). At this point, fortunately, I deleted all the info I had entered, and ran a search on the website name. Looks like other people have been scammed by them plenty.

Word to the wise: Be vewy vewy careful when shopping online! Make sure it's a reputable, trusted site. Thankfully I caught it before I actually sent any of my info.

Last edited:

So I've been wanting to get into reloading for a few years. Finally last December (when there was no ammo on shelves) I started buying the equipment. Had brass; bullets easy to find. Couldn't get suitable powder 'til about a month ago. Never did find primers (except on a Canadian website, which does me no good).

Finally last night I did a DuckDuckGo on "Winchester primers" and discovered a site with beaucoup primers in stock!

Barrelammodepot.com

Everything seemed legit; site apparently founded by a couple vets. I overlooked a couple of typos and grammatical errors because, hey, it's a couple vets doing us freedom-loving Americans a great service, right? Filled my cart with everything I needed, amazingly all in stock! Then I went to check out, and something didn't feel right. They talked about doing such great work for their customers in their home state of Florida, but the warehouse address was in Texas. The shipping estimator defaulted to TX, and amazingly the shipping costs were $20 no matter where they shipped. And no hazmat fee! Then when it got to payment time, it looked like they would only accept Zelle payments (no credit cards). At this point, fortunately, I deleted all the info I had entered, and ran a search on the website name. Looks like other people have been scammed by them plenty.

Word to the wise: Be vewy vewy careful when shopping online! Make sure it's a reputable, trusted site. Thankfully I caught it before I actually sent any of my info.

Not with primers, but with rebates offered on shotgun shells.

I got the shells as advertised. Good stuff, but the rebate never happened. That was the scam part of my experience.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back