• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruits like that we don’t settle for nine win seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've heard year after year is a particular player wasn't up to speed learning the schemes be it either defense or offense. If MR installs a simplified system on both sides of the ball I believe it can/will affect how quickly true freshman/RSF can contribute. Supposedly AA didn't play a lot because he didn't know the offense. Rex got injured only then did AA get a lot game time! Same thing for David! Only reason he got his chance sooner was injuries to our LB's. I think it was a major factor why younger players were not getting game time! Not suggesting MR's offense will be simple but perhaps it will be one that talented players can understand and contribute much faster then previously.............

Last edited:

You don't count any player as quality depth until they've played an entire season as a starter.

The fact remains that all college programs rely on returning second-teamers to step up for their graduated starters every year.

These are the guys we have though, and they were very highly touted recruits when they signed on. Are we supposed to assume they're all failures now?
You mean like this years National Champion QB and last years Heisman winner and........

:confused: I would probably agree if I could figure out what you just said.

Edit:
NM I think I figured it out. I think you are saying the same guy might not be the starter all year. That could be right, it depends on how good the new coaches are at player evaluation. That was not a strength of the old staff.

lol you got it. Sorry sometimes I confuse myself. ok ok most times

You don't count any player as quality depth until they've played an entire season as a starter.

This is false and short sided.

You don't have to be a starter to have experience and experience is a big part of why many say that there is quality at a particular position.

-example: We had quality depth at RB in 2008 and the only RB of that group that had full time starting experience was Lucky.
-What about the WR position. I would say there was quality depth there the last two years as we saw that they were able to step in when Bell/Turner were down with injury the last two seasons.

Quick question......since this thread started and is currently fueled by a link regarding a recruit's quote and opinion, shouldn't this thread be on the recruiting forum?

This kid is a good receiver out of the backfield. Could have a lot to do with why Riley recruited him, which could give him an advantage.

He's a big body and a step slower than our TEs. I'm not sure how much of an advantage he would get on the current RBs.

Our previous coach had a habit of naming a starter who got the overwhelming number of snaps for the remainder of his career.
Wow! That intense hatred of yours continues to seep out of your festered nodules, doesn't it?

Cowpunher, I agree it would be better to be stealing players from Ohio State rather than Iowa State.

As to the thread intent and OP, I wonder if the recruits are confused when, after admiring the desire to improve on 9 wins, they see we choose a coach whose resume completely belies winning more than 9 games consistently. As a matter of fact, winning even 9 games is completely above his established level of accomplishment.

Wow! That intense hatred of yours continues to seep out of your festered nodules, doesn't it?

Cowpunher, I agree it would be better to be stealing players from Ohio State rather than Iowa State.

As to the thread intent and OP, I wonder if the recruits are confused when, after admiring the desire to improve on 9 wins, they see we choose a coach whose resume completely belies winning more than 9 games consistently. As a matter of fact, winning even 9 games is completely above his established level of accomplishment.

Whats that about "hatred" Merle?

This is the funny and ironic part of it all. It goes to show that the hatred for Bo trumps the love for the Huskers with many surrounding the program, whether as fans/boosters/admin/etc.... Let go of Bo because he can't win the big games........FINE.....but get someone who is a clear step up. I won't go all into it (I already did when it was first announced), but I can't help but chuckle at the excuses given for Riley in 14 years that are valid, but anything said about Pelini's 7 seasons is an example of "how far we have fallen" in expectations for the program......:lol:

Thank goodness we have HCMR here now.. all of those past recruits who were wanting only 9 wins a year are so gone too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back