• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Rankings - B1G

11th ranked defense
IMO we were a competent P5 QB away from winning 8 or 9 games last season. Having the 11th ranked D is a crying shame to have won only 5 games. Also we're not going to win a lot of games leading the nation in turnovers.... That has to improve by at least 50% to have a real good 2024 season.

IMO we were a competent P5 QB away from winning 8 or 9 games last season. Having the 11th ranked D is a crying shame to have won only 5 games. Also we're not going to win a lot of games leading the nation in turnovers.... That has to improve by at least 50% to have a real good 2024 season.
I hate the Iowa comparison because, well I hate Iowa.
If you look at the comparison, you have a DC there thats been there a long while, same for the whole staff. No transitions, have really gotten that complimentary football thing down and working.
We have had none of that, and our offense has lost how many qbs in the last few years, and our rb room was finally getting depth, our wr was depleted save for rookies and portal.
I believe if not for coach Bush our D wouldn't have looked so good either.
Iowa wins a lot of games with repeated and good competent coaching. We are on our way

I hate the Iowa comparison because, well I hate Iowa.
If you look at the comparison, you have a DC there thats been there a long while, same for the whole staff. No transitions, have really gotten that complimentary football thing down and working.
We have had none of that, and our offense has lost how many qbs in the last few years, and our rb room was finally getting depth, our wr was depleted save for rookies and portal.
I believe if not for coach Bush our D wouldn't have looked so good either.
Iowa wins a lot of games with repeated and good competent coaching. We are on our way
I don’t disagree that with a serviceable QB our win total would increase but I would also suggest with serviceable special teams our win total would have increased.

12th in the conference in punting, 13th in field goals and 13th in punt returns. KOs (both ways) were respectable.

I don’t disagree that with a serviceable QB our win total would increase but I would also suggest with serviceable special teams our win total would have increased.

12th in the conference in punting, 13th in field goals and 13th in punt returns. KOs (both ways) were respectable.
I got you and agree. I think we see a jump here too

Punting was a huge disappointment! WTH happened with what I thought was a very good punter? That put a lot of pressure on our D and cost big time field position in a lot of games. From making the Ray Guy list to one of the worst punters in the BIG was a big let down! You’re right that needs to be fixed this season.

Last edited:
And again what really matter is retention and development.

Remind me how many of these young men are still on campus for each school in 2026, that's what really counts.

So help me Kool-aide, I think HCMR is going to be pretty good at this......
As is Day and the rest.

All this is moot when the BIG and SEC merge into one

And again what really matter is retention and development.

Remind me how many of these young men are still on campus for each school in 2026, that's what really counts.

So help me Kool-aide, I think HCMR is going to be pretty good at this......
NIL is the new retention tool

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back