• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Rankings - B1G

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member

1707839321435.png

Pretty much it. And we don't get the bounce some players get by signing with some schools, like Gibson Pyle, or even a drop like we saw with DR.
We are very close to Michigan and psu theres really little difference, pre pac added, we are so close to be tied for second.

And while Oregon has great athletes, its likely their recruiting and playing style will change, then they'll be competing more against the likes of us.

Last edited:
And again what really matter is retention and development.

Remind me how many of these young men are still on campus for each school in 2026, that's what really counts.

So help me Kool-aide, I think HCMR is going to be pretty good at this......
And the ones that leave won't be better or as good as those who stay, unless GFs, homesick, family needs them close etc

And again what really matter is retention and development.

Remind me how many of these young men are still on campus for each school in 2026, that's what really counts.

So help me Kool-aide, I think HCMR is going to be pretty good at this......
That is where teams like Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota have closed the gap with the schools above them, and why NU has underperformed its recruiting ranking.

I agree with you on HCMR.

I believe Wisconsin in particular has slipped under Fickel. They’re also losing their grip on recruiting w/in the state.

That is where teams like Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota have closed the gap with the schools above them, and why NU has underperformed its recruiting ranking.

I agree with you on HCMR.

I believe Wisconsin in particular has slipped under Fickel. They’re also losing their grip on recruiting w/in the state.
It may be no ones told him how Important in state recruiting really is and instead is using the Big ten footprint as good enough.

It may be no ones told him how Important in state recruiting really is and instead is using the Big ten footprint as good enough.
Chris McIntosch, a Barry Alvarez disciple and current UW AD knows better.

Besides Wisconsin doesn't have the recruits like Ohio. You can’t pick and choose. You need to dominate the state, keep your best recruits home and keep your competitors out.

Last edited:
Chris McIntosch, a Barry Alvarez disciple and current UW AD knows better.

Besides Wisconsin doesn't have the recruits have the recruits like Ohio. You can’t pick and choose. You need to dominate the state, keep your best recruits home and keep your competitors out.
The changes in schemes hurts them as well. Its a new persona the homegrowns aren't eagerly used to

Exactly. They’ve closed no gap. Ass whipping abound. Nebraska has clearly, the best roster in the old West, and, has had for the majority of its time in the BIG. That said, they need to do something with it.
They did close the gap because they (Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota) RETAINED more of their recruits than Nebraska. They DEVELOPED more of their recruits than Nebraska.

If recruiting rankings alone equaled championships then Nebraska would have won the West 5 out of the last 5 years. The rankings alone of course do not equal championships and in that regard Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Northwestern over-achieved their recruiting rankings (as compared to Nebraska's recruiting rankings).

They did close the gap because they (Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota) RETAINED more of their recruits than Nebraska. They DEVELOPED more of their recruits than Nebraska.

If recruiting rankings alone equaled championships then Nebraska would have won the West 5 out of the last 5 years. The rankings alone of course do not equal championships and in that regard Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Northwestern over-achieved their recruiting rankings (as compared to Nebraska's recruiting rankings).
I agree with you. I was under the assumption it was meant closing the gap from the top, not with Nebraska. Hell, Nebraska needs to just play, no talk. The play on the field has been awful.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back