• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting and the transfer portal – Don’t care anymore

There is no place like Nebraska,
Dear old Nebraska U.
Where the girls are the fairest,
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For dear old Nebraska U.

;)
We don’t know the words
We don’t know the words
We don’t yet know the words
We don’t know the words

We don’t know the words
We don’t know the words
We don’t yet know the words
We don’t know the words
Someone has spent too much time with the sidetrack band. You want to give us the words to the BJ song too? :)

I feel like Blake in Glengarry Glenn Ross. The only thing that counts in recruiting is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted. Nice guy? 5-stars? Go home and play with your stars.

With the portal, NIL, decommits, recommits etc. I really don’t care anymore. As far as I’m concerned none of these guys are on the team until I see them on the field.
Following recruiting might as well be its own sport. I've never paid much attention to it, just because there is so much to follow. I remember a lot of high profile recruits that we've signed who never played a down at Nebraska. The same thing happens at every other school.

Recruiting is important. Someone needs to care about it and be passionate about it and make sure we are doing it well. I'm just not the person for that job. 22 guys start and maybe a dozen or so more play meaningful snaps. Everyone outside of that is just building toward the future.

Following recruiting might as well be its own sport. I've never paid much attention to it, just because there is so much to follow. I remember a lot of high profile recruits that we've signed who never played a down at Nebraska. The same thing happens at every other school.

Recruiting is important. Someone needs to care about it and be passionate about it and make sure we are doing it well. I'm just not the person for that job. 22 guys start and maybe a dozen or so more play meaningful snaps. Everyone outside of that is just building toward the future.
My feelings exactly. I'm not saying I don't want us to bring in good players. It's just too much to follow.

I've never been big into it anyway but at least not too long ago you could follow a kid from recruiting and kind of expect them to be on the team and watch them develop. With the way it is now, I feel that the bond between fan and player isn't what it used to be because there is no expectation that they'll be here from year to year. Not knocking the system. It is what it is but I'm just not going to be clicking on any "5 players Nebraska should target in the portal" articles.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back