• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting and the transfer portal – Don’t care anymore

Nightman Cometh

Recruit
5 Year Member
I feel like Blake in Glengarry Glenn Ross. The only thing that counts in recruiting is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted. Nice guy? 5-stars? Go home and play with your stars.

With the portal, NIL, decommits, recommits etc. I really don’t care anymore. As far as I’m concerned none of these guys are on the team until I see them on the field.

I feel like Blake in Glengarry Glenn Ross. The only thing that counts in recruiting is to get them to sign on the line that is dotted. Nice guy? 5-stars? Go home and play with your stars.

With the portal, NIL, decommits, recommits etc. I really don’t care anymore. As far as I’m concerned none of these guys are on the team until I see them on the field.
I stopped caring about this recently too. It doesn’t matter who is signed. I have confidence in the development abilities of this staff.

Glengarry glen ross movie classic GIF on GIFER - by Kadred

C

You probably should have always felt this way, as it has always been this way

What's sad is that doesn't even matter anymore.

I hope the staff doesn’t waste any time trying to recruit that Nyborg kid. He has no intention of signing. He just likes talking to coaches.

That’s one way of looking at things. I get the frustration. I love the roster management piece to all this. Coach Rhule and his staff have their work cut for them to be sure. This is part of the game. This is going to be THE GAME going forward. Roster management. We just have to take the emotion out of it all. EH was a shock …..total shock. What potential he had. Well we are just going to have to replace him. We have two inside backer recruits on the docket. ( let’s hope we keep them) we just have to replace what we lose. I think he can do it. Keep the faith. GBR

Yep. I'm about to sign off until August. I just can't care anymore.

There is no place like Nebraska,
Dear old Nebraska U.
Where the girls are the fairest,
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For dear old Nebraska U.

;)

Last edited: