• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB/FB Imani Cross Canx Visit To Virginia Could Be 'N' Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
This is the youngman who was committed to Tennessee for about 10 months when with a staff change they told him it might behoove him to start looking elsewhere (http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/201...lunteers/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting)....though listed as a RB by the recruiting services....he is a big body and I honestly think the staff is looking at him as a FB/H-Back and short yardage mover.....and you never know possibly a big RB....because he committed so early to Tennesse I don't think the recruiting services gave him a serious look....

Some real giddy-up for a big back....:)

Pretty nice offer sheet....some big name BCS schools in the list....

Ron Brown is recruiting him and I think that is a huge + for us.....Cross, is considering going into the ministry after college...as pointed out at the link above.....

I also think if he likes the visit we could get a commit as he likes Nebraska allot...and the facilities etc should sell the rest...would be a really nice pickup in my opinion....with Legate gone and Morrow more than likely filling the FB roll as an in coming Jr. this would be perfect time to bring in a big back.....he does have a visit to Virgina planned for 23 January....has already visited ECU and Kentucy in the past week.....Not sure when he will announce....if I was to guess mid to late next week unless we totally blow him away this weekend....

This kid could be a big steal for the Huskers as I think he is under-rated because of the early commit....

Gainesville, Georgia
North Hall High School
Ht:6'1"
Wt:222 lbs
40: 4.56
Class:2012 (High School)
Scholarship Offers: High Interest: East Carolina, Kentucky, Nebraska, Virgina Other Offers: Georgia Tech, Maryland, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCF, UCLA and Vanderbilt
ESPN: 4-star (No. 19 RB in the nation)
Rivals: 3-star (No. 25 RB in the country)
247: 3-star
Scout: 3-star (No.34 RB in the country)

Nice article on him from last Feb:

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/02/28/tennessee-vols-may-have-gotten-a-steal-in-rb-imani-cross/

[video=youtube_share;E8MdpzyT-fE]http://youtu.be/E8MdpzyT-fE[/video]

Last edited:

RR how could anyone not be impressed with Coach Brown? Ron is one of the most stand up guys in all of coaching and you know when he says something he will stick to his words. I would be proud to send my son off to learn from someone like him

Great balance, good speed, good instincts, blocks like a beast and can catch. Very flexible looking player and a work horse. Great addition if we can bring in N.

Thanks for the video link RR. I loved watching it. It takes more than one to bring him down...he makes people miss...he hits them before they hit him...and on one place in the video he definitely reminding me of TF#15 when he breaks out of bunch of tacklers. Personally, I think we need a bigger back to complement that which we have.

Last edited:

I don't know . . . I mean, the kid can't even crack 10 yards/carry. 9.3 . . . c'mon.

:Biggrin:

Obviously kidding. Seems like he's got the size, the wheels, the power . . . and more than a little "schwerve". Seems like a good catch if we can land him!

looks like he could be a really good back in the big ten with his style of play! big kid who seems to like to make a move and go and runs away from tacklers but doesnt seem shy from contact. really nice lookin player and sounds like a great family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back