• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Quayshon Alexander - leaves program

Nice post.

Wow. It makes you wonder how he made the decision to transfer. If the coaches were putting any pressure on him, you wouldn't expect him to say what he did about them. If they weren't, you wonder why he's leaving, unless he thinks that he'll get more playing time elsewhere. I hope that he's got all of his academics in order so that he gets his degree, regardless. I wish him well.

I have a question. Does a glowing parting statement like this help a transfer get more interest from potential “suitors” for his services than a grudging complaint? If so, it might help to understand the answer to the question you raise.

If it does, and I think it does, I'd say he's using good judgement and being positive, which aren't bad traits to have. :)

I have a question. Does a glowing parting statement like this help a transfer get more interest from potential “suitors” for his services than a grudging complaint? If so, it might help to understand the answer to the question you raise.
Yeah, you have a valid point there, but it takes a little bit more than going through the motions to be as specifically detailed as that message is. If that's not genuine, then he's really good at faking it, and if you can fake being genuine, it's time to go into politics, right?

Yeah, you have a valid point there, but it takes a little bit more than going through the motions to be as specifically detailed as that message is. If that's not genuine, then he's really good at faking it, and if you can fake being genuine, it's time to go into politics, right?

Agree!! Maybe a good guess is that “politics” was the problem he had with the current Husker program ?? LOL
It doesn't seem like Coach Frost and his staff are into playing that game!

Wow. It makes you wonder how he made the decision to transfer. If the coaches were putting any pressure on him, you wouldn't expect him to say what he did about them. If they weren't, you wonder why he's leaving, unless he thinks that he'll get more playing time elsewhere. I hope that he's got all of his academics in order so that he gets his degree, regardless. I wish him well.
I wonder as well. A lot of statements being made about staff pressuring or asking kids to leave. Is that really how it goes down? Doesn’t seem like a Frost type move. I could see more along the lines of him being real and saying they’d be better off pursuing another opportunity. I don’t know that he’s pressuring them or if that would even be legit with the B1G’s rules of a 4-yr scholly.

These statements from the players leaving lead me to believe he’s trying to help them as much as the team by doing what’s best for both parties as opposed to pressuring them out. These departure statements are so well written that it almost seems like an NU PR guys is writing/assisting them. But in reality I think it’s just a good reflection on the staffs approach to caring about players and roster management. One of the many reasons to be proud to have the classy staff we have.

This kid was a solid athlete and by the looks of it a good all around guy.

I don't think he enjoyed playing on the line and just wasn't maybe in the position he would have been wanted. He was very strong and could take on blocks. He looked like a natural inside linebacker. The guy looked frustrated trying to bulldoze against Sichterman.

He did not hurt linebacker depth since he was playing a down-lineman in the spring. (edit: we seem to make certain guys play on the line as OLB. Ferguson seems to be more of a dedicated down lineman these days, too.) So I mispoke saying not an OLB, but certainly his role was essentially as a DE.

Last edited:
I think we will see guys playing 'out of position' quite frequently with Scott. He likes to force the other team to adapt to him, not the other way around. No great insight. Some guys won't accept the change. We saw some of this at UCF. I like the concept myself.

If it does, and I think it does, I'd say he's using good judgement and being positive, which aren't bad traits to have. :)
Good point on both you and post you are responding to.

Never burn bridges. It says very bad things about you. Anyone hearing or reading such statements will ask “what will they say about me?”

There are people I’ve worked with in my career where my primary memory of them is that they whined and complained about everything and how bad they were treated. The only common denominator was them.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back