• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Quayshon Alexander - leaves program

I was excited about this kid when we got him
Surprised it didn't work out. I remremre he was mentioned a few times last year as a guy that was looking good in the new training program.
Hate to see him go .... position of need

Last edited:

Man that makes Avery Roberts, Guy Thomas, Andrew Ward, Willie Hampton, Adrienne Talan, Greg Simmons, and now Quayshon Alexander as Riley LB recruits that have left the program.

Pernell Jefferson and Alex Davis haven't had the light turn on yet.

To be fair, Riley did recruit Mo Barry, who is IMO the best LB we've had since Lavonte David or at least Compton, and he did snatch up JoJo Domann and Tyrin Ferguson. But overall, Linebacker recruiting under the previous regime was a disaster.

I am not sure he would have RS anyway. I think he would have seen some time. I think he is one of those kids that is surprising them with how far along he is.

I thought the young LB's as a whole looked pretty good in the spring game. Obviously we weren't doing a lot of misdirection of adding much confusion, but they looked athletic and active. Nelson does seem to have impressed them.

The roster turnover is astounding. Wish him the best of luck and hoping our coaches can fill those open spots sooner rather than later.
I wouldn't go that far its that time of the year. It is s position of need especially in the 3-4 but the sky is not falling...............yet

Last edited:
Don't forget we do have a few walk-on's that are showing promise that could provide some depth at OLB. Plus, a LB is a LB... so MLB's can still play OLB if needed.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t take anything from the Alexander transfer. Dixon leaving hurts our depth. OLB a major concern.

Couple more should be popping up in the coming week.
My question is did Alexander come to this decision on his own? Or was he steered that way by the coaching staff?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back