• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB William "Pop" Watson Flips To VA Tech

He took a visit to Virginia Tech a couple weeks ago. Then when Nebraska went to visit him during a bye week, it wasn't even Whipple who did it.

I never liked his hire, and I've been consistent with that. I never understood getting a coach that has one leg in retirement. Especially one with a system that isn't ideal for the conference (IMPO).

He's a terrible recruiter. He got to Nebraska and zeroed in on a guy he's been recruiting for a while, all while neglecting an instate kid who is arguably just as talented. Also practically ignoring another instate kid in the '24 class that Nebraska had already offered. Not to mention bypassing more talented '23 options in the region like JJ Kohl and Avery Johnson. Why? Even if it had worked out for Frost, he wouldn't have been here more than a couple years. You have to let your OC bring his guys in, I get that and can't fault Frost for allowing his QB preferences, but knowing he was a short term guy, it never made sense. Seeing how he basically stopped recruiting anyone after Watson committed was ridiculous too.

He'll be gone no matter who the coach is next year. Guaranteed.
Do you think a new coach could flip Flores to Nebraska or is he really solid in his Okie State commit?

Watson and his Springfield Central Mass State Championship game will be streamed next Saturday at 12:30 EST

Springfield Central vs. St. John’s Prep12:30 P.M.*Patriots.com, CBSBoston.com

Also he hopes Rhule is excited about him, he sounds committed and has been connecting to other commits:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back