• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB - pitcher comparisons.

By Brett Favre bad I mean the all-time leader in INTs.
By Brett Favre bad I mean a guy who has 508 TDs and 336 INTs.
By Brett Favre bad I mean a guy who has an INT on 3.3% of his throws.

BF is an all-time great. 3-time MVP. Super Bowl champ.
But how good could he have been w/o half of his INTs?

T-Mart is the same way. Maybe the best NU QB in the 21st century but one with a horrible throwing motion and one with way too many TDs.
I know you meant too many interceptions. Can’t really have too many TDs.

Favre wouldn’t really have been “Brett Favre” without the interceptions. He was a high risk/high reward kind of guy willing to try to gun impossible throws through tight windows because after all, he was Brett Favre.

T-Mart took all kinds of grief for his awkward throwing motion and some of the downright goofy things he said but you’re right, he’s probably the best Husker QB of the 21st century………Zach Taylor and Joe Ganz maybe would disagree. Any one of those three would have made the Huskers so much better in 2023.

Brett Favre, was not a pitcher! Crap comparison!
Off topic, but not crap.

Taylor Martinez——Dizzy Dean (Both supremely talented, both said goofy things routinely, both had careers cut short by injury)

Brett Favre——Nolan Ryan (Both had extremely long careers and were durable. Favre’s TD to Int ratio is similar to Ryan’s huge number of walks issued. Personality-wise, they were quite different)

Off topic, but not crap.

Taylor Martinez——Dizzy Dean (Both supremely talented, both said goofy things routinely, both had careers cut short by injury)

Brett Favre——Nolan Ryan (Both had extremely long careers and were durable. Favre’s TD to Int ratio is similar to Ryan’s huge number of walks issued. Personality-wise, they were quite different)
I like it!

Idea is from another thread, and it has been told to “get back on topic”. So…. Here we are.

Smigiel - Tekulve @36Blast /Quisenberry @CrabHusker

Let’s do some more

T-Magic - Mitch ‘wild thing’ Williams
Tommy Armstrong - Rob Dibble (when not throwing strikes. Tossed it hard)

What you got for others or better suggestions than mine?
T-Magic is more like Devin Williams than Mitch Williams.

The Milwaukee Brewers' postseason chances took a huge hit Wednesday, when it was learned that setup man Devin Williams will have to undergo surgery on his fractured right throwing hand.

Williams told reporters before Wednesday's game that the injury was self-inflicted – he punched a wall out of anger after having "a few drinks" following Sunday's celebration of the team clinching the National League Central.

"After our celebration, I went out to have a few drinks and on my way home I was a little frustrated, upset, and I punched a wall," Williams said. "That's how it happened.

Tommie Frazier - Greg Maddux

Not necessarily the most overpowering, but lethally effective.

Last edited:
T-Magic is more like Devin Williams than Mitch Williams.

The Milwaukee Brewers' postseason chances took a huge hit Wednesday, when it was learned that setup man Devin Williams will have to undergo surgery on his fractured right throwing hand.

Williams told reporters before Wednesday's game that the injury was self-inflicted – he punched a wall out of anger after having "a few drinks" following Sunday's celebration of the team clinching the National League Central.

"After our celebration, I went out to have a few drinks and on my way home I was a little frustrated, upset, and I punched a wall," Williams said. "That's how it happened.
I had just picked him up off the waivers the week before this... sad, sad day.... :(:mad:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back